Chapter 30

I opened the door, feeling unsteady. Grayson laid there motionless on the bed. I picked up First Aid kit and turned to leave, but my path was blocked by a sturdy chest. I looked up to meet Roy's eyes, "Uh, sorry." I apologized. He took the kit from my hands and sat me down on a nearby chair. He opened the kit and pulled out the alcohol wipes and needle. I crossed my arm over my chest to keep it out of the way, and I let my suit melt away around the wound. My eyes drifted off into space and Roy got to work, wiping the wound clean. The alcohol on my open wound burned, I welcomed the feeling. The last few hours I haven't been able to feel much, just the dull ache of my body. The burning sensation was slowly bringing back my senses, now I could smell blood mixed with the bitter sent of alcohol, the sensation on my side started to feel hot, and the lights seemed to brighten. Suddenly there was a sharp familiar pain in my side, Red started to stitch my side together. I winced and squeezed my eyes closed.

The pain stopped and I opened my eyes, meeting Roy's. His blue eyes had flecks of grey, making them appear dark. I was a bout to say something but I was caught off guard by his soft lips on mine. I wanted to pull away but something kept me there, I don't know if I was feeding off of his emotions... or if I had some of my own. He pulled away slowly drawing in a long and quiet gasp for air, I hadn't noticed that we had been holding our breath during the kiss. He stared into my eyes, looking for my thoughts... but I had none. I wasn't sure how to react or what to think. His eyes clouded over and he opened his mouth to speak, I pressed my index finger to his lips. "I know your reasoning, there is no need to explain yourself to me." I told him, he nodded. I looked down his hand clasped mine gently, a small smile crept to the corners of my mouth. He likes me... the confused girl from another world. My thoughts were interrupted by Roy's voice, "I didn't thank you for saving my life earlier." He pointed out. "Is that your way of thanking someone?" I joked. "No," he smiled, "just you."

There was a groggy groan, I looked over Roy's shoulder to see Dick awaking. "Robin?" I said as I walked over to the bed. He mumbled something that wasn't audible. "Look, I'm sorry this happened to you. I didn't mean for anyone on the team to get hurt." Especially you. Robin nodded but didn't speak. "I-" my words were cut off by a pounding headache, I gripped my head. "I have to go." I said through gritted teeth before teleporting to a nearby forest clearing. My head spun with a dizzy pain, my stomach lurched in twisted nots. What is happening? I felt my knees buckle beneath me, I collapsed to the ground. As I crouched in a fetal position my hands grew cold. I looked up at them in the fading light. A pair of shadowy hands griped mine, fingers weaved in between mine. Their source... me.

Dick's POV
I awoke to an empty room, my head spinning and my lungs burning. My eyes blinked open, trying to focus in the dim lighting. I looked around the room, there was a piece of paper on the nightstand. I picked it up to examine the words I couldn't make out from the distance. It read,
The team is out helping the justice league with an urgent mission. We will be back soon.
Red.
Weren't they just here? I questioned as I tried to recall my memories. I woke up and... someone was talking to me. My head spun as it tried to stand, disorganizing my thoughts. I regained my balance and headed for the door. Sapphire... it was Sapphire, she was apologizing. I remembered. I have to find them, I was halfway to the main hall when my wrist vibrated. I answered it, "Your awake? Good. I need you to get over here ASAP!" Batman yelled out of breath. "What's going on?" I questioned on my way to the garage. "Come see for yourself. I'm sending you my location." He panted, "Stop by the cave and get my jet, make sure it's loaded up." He said sternly before hanging up.

I jumped on my motorcycle and headed full speed to the Batcave. I got to the cave and unlocked the Batjet, I jumped in and punched in the coordinates into the computer. The jet took off with exhilarating speed. "Computer, call Batman." I ordered. Bruce picked up on the first ring, a screech answered the call. "What was that?" I asked concerned, "Your target." Bruce grumbled. "Alright, I'm closing in... what is that!" I questioned in panic. "Your target, now fire!" Batman ordered. I helped down the bright red button on the control wheel, and opened fire on the monstrous beast. It roared and it's large bat-like wings stretched wide. I circled around to get a bigger look at the beast. It had deep black fur, a wolf-like body lined with blood red spikes. It head looked like it belonged to a saber, it's long fangs protruding out of its mouth. It had eight legs the back belonged to a horse, the front the talons of a large bird of prey. It's tail whipped around quickly, striking buildings around it. Only when it came flying at me did I see how dangerous it is, a large barbed scorpion tail came barreling towards me. I quickly pulled up on the yoke. The jet made a sharp incline, dodging the monster's attack. I leveled out the plain, readying for my attack.

I opened fire again, striking it's ribs. It barely noticed, it continued to swat and claw at my allies on the ground. Superman flew up beside me, and pointed at the monsters wings. I nodded, I aimed at its wings and opened fire. Superman used his heat vision, Wonder Woman joined in by opening fire using her jet. The beast let out a howl, spreading its wings as it took off into the air. It chased super man easily, following every sharp turn and loop he threw at it. Wonder Woman and I chased the two of them, throwing everything we had at the monster. "Robin, you need to get the monster's attention!" Batman chimed in on the intercom. "What do you think I'm trying to do?" I question in frustration. I continued to shoot at the beast, the bullets bounced off its thick skin like bouncy balls. "Hey!" A familiar voice sounded in my earpiece, "Wally?" I questioned confusedly. "Yah, have you seen it eyes?" I asked, "No, Wally. I have not had the time to gaze into its eyes." I said rolling my eyes. "Oh, right. Anyway they are clouded, it might be blind." Wally pointed out.