Chapter 18

I wrapped a towel around by body and stepped out of the bathroom, forgetting that two boys were just on the other side of the door. They looked shocked and suddenly dropped their gaze to the floor. Their faces a bright crimson. "Sorry, I'm still learning your Earthly standards." I said while morphing my suit back on. "You can look now." They looked up at me sheepishly. "You should have seen your faces though." I smiled trying to get rid of the tension. "Yah, I bet." Wally smiled. "Is there a reason you always where your mask? You slept with it on last night and when you came out of the shower you still had it on." Wally said curiously. "Yah, I don't think I have ever seen you without your mask on." Robin chimed in. "Oh, I don't know. I guess I'm just self conscious of my looks and identity." I said without really thinking. The two of them sat there looking at each other. Then Wally turned to me, "Your one of the most beautiful girls I know." "Yah, you shouldn't be ashamed of who you are or what you look like." Dick smiled. I smiled back at them, "Thanks, maybe one day I'll take my mask off. Just not yet, there are a few questions I need answered first." I said walking to the door. "I'll answer as many questions as I can." Dick said as he stood up. I turned to face him, "Did you get the orb to work?" I questioned.

"Kinda, it's lights are just flashing. I don't know what went wrong." He said staring at the silver orb in his hand. "Oh right." I said face palming myself, "It's voice activated." "Cool! Hey orb thing, wanna wake up?" Wally said talking to the orb. Dick and I laughed, "Not your voice Wally." Grayson laughed. "Oh, right." Wally laughed while rubbing the back of his head. "Activate protocol one." I said firmly to the orb. It's lights flashed as it took off into the air. "Searching for possible threats." It said in a very mechanical voice. "Scan complete." It said as its sides opened and guns twice the size formed, one fixed on Wally the other on Dick. "Wait! Shutdown protocol!" I yelled stepping in front of the two boys. "Protocol canceled." It said and it's weapons retreated back inside of it. "I'm so sorry, I thought protocol one was scanning for life. Not threats." I said turning towards them. "Well, I'm not dead." Wally said patting himself down. "Yah... yet." Robin said nonchalant and left the room. "What!" Wally yelled running down the hall to catch up, I heard Robin laugh in the distance.

I walked to the kitchen and made myself some waffles. I covered mine with sticky sweet syrup, then whipped-cream and berries. I grabbed a fork and headed to the entertainment room. Megan and Connor were cuddling on the couch and staring at a screen. "What are you guys doing?" I asked observing them. "We're watching some holiday movies." Megan smiled over her shoulder towards me. "Okay." I said shoveling some waffle into my mouth. What is this holiday stuff everyone is talking about? Well whatever it is it must be important. I finished my waffle and headed back to the kitchen, and cleaned up after myself. I low ruff noise cam from behind me, I turned to see who it was. "Oh, hi Wolf." I smiled as I dried my plate with a towel. Wolf's tail wagged slightly behind him. "You want to play don't you?" I said placing the plate in the cupboard. He made a low bark and left the kitchen.

I made my way to the training room to find Wolf waiting for me. He barked and lunged at me, I barely dodged his blow. "Hey! I haven't entered the circle yet!" I said a little shocked. He just wagged his tail like he was laughing at me. "Oh, I see how it is. Game on." I smiled at him and stepping into the circle. I shifted into a large wolf. As we circled the outer edge of the arena, we both growled lowly as we watched each other across the circle. This is going to take a while. Knowing Wolf's tactics I charged knowing he wouldn't make the first move. He already make on before I entered the circle. I leaped onto his back making him loose his balance. He stumbled over his paws, then threw his weight to one side. Throwing me to the ground. He jumped on top of me, opening his jaws to deliver a bite. I kicked my back legs into his stomach, making Wolf whimper. He's distracted, time to make my move. I rolled under his grip, planted my paws and lifted my body up as hard as I could. Lifting him up and sending the poor wolf flying up into the air. As he came down I slowed his impact with my telekinesis, so he was able to land gently onto his feet. He charged at me again, I stood up onto my back legs as he make impact. Throwing off both of our balance. We tumbled over backwards, I slammed down my arms into Wolf's chest. Stopping the tumble, and pinning down Wolf. I barked happily with a smile. Wolf just frowned at me.

The computer behind me lit up with a incoming call from Batman. I let go of wolf to answer it. "Computer answer call." I said walking towards the computer. Batman appeared on its screen. "Nightslash, I have-" he was cut off by the sight of Wolf tackling me to the ground. "Wolf!" I shouted as I shifted back to my regular self. "Eww, get off." I said as Wolf licked my face happily. "I wasn't even in the circle. It doesn't count." I smiled as I pushed off the large wolf. I got up and walked the final few steps to the computer. "You were saying?" I said as I took a seat in the chair in front of the computer. "Yes, your on night watch. Most of the other members are on break for the Holliday." He said with out emotion, "Ya, sure. Where do you want me?" I asked standing up. "You will watch over Gotham city tonight." "Oh, so you can take the night off." I said with a little attitude and hiding a smile. He went quiet for a moment, "No, I have other things to do." He said grumpily with some suppressed fluster. "I know, I was just messing with you. You really need to relax a little more, have a good night at home sir. I'll take care of your city." I said with a partial smile. "Sphere will be waiting for you, Batman signing off." He said and the computer turned off.

"Well I guess I have to go." I said turning towards Wolf, "I'll see you later Wolf." I walked to the garage, where Sphere was waiting. "Hey Sphere." I said as the orb circled me excitedly, "I don't think I'll be needing a ride." I said patting her. She made a sad mechanical noise, making me feel guilty. "Okay, you can give me a ride across the water. But I'll take it from there." I smiled as I opened the garage door. Se made happy noises as she transformed into a red motorcycle with plenty of room for other people. I climbed onto her seat and we sped out of the garage , we gained altitude as we flew over the water and away from the island. We landed on the other side of the harbor on Gotham's harbor. I climbed off of her and padded her, "Thanks for the ride." She made some noises and flew away. I pulled out a short mechanical stick. It was a grayish blue color with neon blue striped glowing on its sides, I held it in my hand for a little while as I examined it. I wonder if it still works. I took a running start and held the stick in front of me, leaping into the air. It transformed into a dark black motorbike with neon blue lights that lit up the ground from under it. "Yes!" I exclaimed happily as I sped down the road. Oaky, where do I start?