Chapter 5

I have been avoiding Wally and his friend for weeks. I have had cheer practice nearly everyday, however Megan is also a cheerleader so we have to hangout after school anyway. I still haven't eaten and my body is starting to hurt, and I get tired really easily. Last cheer practice I nearly fell on my face landing a double backflip, my body got so tiered I stumbled on the landing. Megan wanted to talk to me after cheer practice today, so I waited for her outside the change room. "Hey, Sapphire!" Megan said while walking out. "Hi." I said turning to face her. "Come on!" She grabbed my hand and dragged me down the hall, "Where are we going?" She dragged me to a wall that was covered with newspaper clippings, I stared at them until I came across one that had a picture of Young Justice on it. "They're a pretty good team." Megan said noticing what I was staring at. "Ya, I guess so. Anyway I have to get going." I said stepping away from the pictures. "No, you can't leave yet." Megan said grabbing my hand, "Why not?" I said looking at her confused. "Because you haven't to me yet." A familiar voice said behind us. I turned to se who it was, Dick Grayson was standing a little ways away from us. My face when white and I felt dizzy. "I just need to talk." He said stepping closer, "No!" I ripped my hand away from Megan and ran out the doors. "Sapphire!" They called after me. Suddenly a boy jumped out in front of me, it was Wally. "Sapphire, you don't need to run. We just need more information." Wally said with his hands out and his palms facing me. "No! I don't want to!" I said starting into a run again, I ran across the street almost getting hit by a car. Wally called after me telling me to stop, but I didn't. I just kept running till I couldn't anymore.

I ran for hours, and made it to the border of Gotham. I stared off into the distance, the sunset was reflecting off the water. I walked down some stairs to the docks, I walked to the edge of the docks being careful not to make to much noise. I took off my shoes and sat down, my feet hit the cool water nearly making me scream. I had never felt Earth water before, it was wet and smelt of salt. But it felt nice in my toes. I saw something splashing in the distance, there were multiple. They swam closer to me, they were grey and friendly. I sat there as I tried to figure out what they were called. "Dolphins!" I exclaimed as the danced around my feet. We played and splashed till it sun was fully set. I stood up to watch them leave, waving goodbye. I felt relaxed now, I haven't felt that way in years. I'm scared of my own shadow for reasons I can't explain. But right now I felt good, maybe even happy. I looked up at the sky, a plane passed overhead. It's lights flashed, letting the world down below know where it was. I looked back down at my reflection in the water, I could see myself but half of my reflection was covered my a shadow. I need to find out who I am, stop living a life of running and hiding. I need to confront my fears.

I was now running in my male Nightslash form, and searching for the team Young Justice. I came across them fight in a old warehouse, I turned invisible and watched through a window. They moved more like a team now, helping and defending each other. Every one was watching their opponent, they didn't notice Bane charging at them. I teleported down there right in front of Bane. Still charging at full speed he ran right into me, I flipped him over my shoulder. Aqualad noticed me, he looked over his shoulder in shock. Something flew over our head and landed on the ground, a small light flashed on top of it. Aqualad ran towards me with a concerned expression on his face. The item exploded, I raised my hands creating a bright white transparent shield. Blocking us from the fiery explosion. The flames quickly died down, I removed my hands and the shield vanished. I ran towards the door of the warehouse, "Stop!" yelled a voice behind me. I turned to see Robin chancing after me. I picked up my pace, suddenly Super boy was in front of me. I planted my foot an leaped over his head, landing gracefully behind him. I ran out the door and closed it with my telekinesis without stopping.

I got to a nearby shed and leaned against it catching my breath. Suddenly hands slammed onto the shed on either side of me. I looked up startled, once again Robin was in front of me. But this time he had me pinned up against a wall, with nowhere to go. The rest of his team gathered around. I tightened my fists and they started to glow a dark blue. Robin's eyes widened and he rose onto his tiptoes. His lips met mine within seconds, my eyes widened and my body froze. I lost my focus and accidentally shifted into my female form, I still had my Nightslash suit on. His friends stood there in shock.

When he opened his eyes he wasn't shocked. In fact he stepped away while pulling out a device. "Hey it's me, meet me at 23 street in twenty minutes." He said into it. He turned back to me. His friends stood there in silence, still in shock. Kid flash sat down, "How did, why did- what just happened?" he said looking at Robin for answers. Robin just stood there starring at me. A loud noise came from the distance, I teleported away. Using the small distraction as a diversion.