Chspter 28

As I ran back into the burning building my eyes burned from the smoke. "Superboy? Robin?" I screamed into the think smoke. I heard a groan towards my left, I turned and walked into the smoke. I found a guy trapped under some fallen debris, I reached out my hand. He took it, I teleported him outside. The building make a rumbling noise, it's going to collapse. I started to run through the smoke, not knowing where I was heading or if I was going to run into something. Then I heard coughing, "Robin?" I continued to run. Stopping as a figure appeared in front of me. "Robin!" I exclaimed with relief, "Nightslash? What are- never mind. We need to get Superboy." He coughed. I raised my hand above my head, the smoke around us was swept away with a refreshing cool breeze. Clearing our line of sight. Superboy laid unconscious up ahead, buried by a collapsed support beam.

We rushed over. Robin out stretched his hands to remove the beam. "It's to hot and heavy for that!" I said grabbing his hands. He froze, "Then it's up to you." I looked at me with confidence. I nodded in response, raised my hands and the beam lifted off the ground. Robin grabbed Superboy and dragged him out from under the beam. I helped him pick up Superboy and wrapped his arms around our shoulders. "I can't teleport all of us out at the same time." I yelled. Robin nodded, "You clear a path and I'll guide." He commanded "Right!" I agreed closing my eyes to focus on our path. As I used my telekinesis to move debris out of our way, Robin guided me and the unconscious Superboy through the burning building. Everything was going fine till the roof started to collapse.

The roof, walls and floor started to tremble. The walls started to crack, chunks of the roof started to fall. "We are almost there!" Robin shouted as the large doors came into view. We were almost there when Robin stopped. I opened my eyes, "What's wrong?" I asked in confusion. "There is a man over there I'm going to get him, take Superboy to the rest of the team." He commanded. I nodded hesitantly not wanting to leave the building without him. But I adjusted Superboy's weight so I could carry him out. I walked out eyes set on the team, who noticed me and stared to run in my direction. I just made it out when a loud noise came from behind me, I turned to see the building collapsing. The door cacen in within seconds. I was suddenly paralyzed, not able to scream, run or processes what had just happened.

I watched as Red, Artemis and Mis. M tried to move the debris. I couldn't feel anything, not the cool air outside, the smoke that burned my lungs, not the hot ash on my face. I couldn't run to help nor run away, my feet were stuck like they were rooted into the ground. The world seemed to move around me, and I was just an observer. Then a small noise broke me out of my trance. I turned to see Kid Flash groaning a few meters away from me. Wally! I rushed over my awaking friend, kneeling at his side. "Kid?" I questioned. Wally's eyes blinked open, I stared into his green eyes. His locked on mine, "Hey." He smiled. "Hey." I said trying to smile back. My half smile quickly faded, confusing Wally. "What's wrong? What happened?" He said sitting up a little to quickly. He groaned and lifted his hand to his head. I ignored his question not wanting to face the truth. "You have been unconscious for a while, you were poisoned." I said starring at the ground.

He looked himself up and down, "I look fine, am I fine?" He questioned trying to figure out my expression. "You are oaky, I got the antidote to you in time." "Then why are you-" he stoped mid sentence, peering over my head. "What are they doing? Where is- where is Robin?" He asked panicked, "Nightslash, where is he." I questioned as he brought my chin up with his hand. I didn't have to tell him, our eyes locked and he knew. He rushed over and started to pull chunks of cement and metal off of a huge pile blocking the doorway. I lazily walked over to Superboy, knelt down and whipped some of the ash off of his face. I put the tipof my first finger on his forehead, awake. Superboy shot up yo a sitting position nearly head butting me. "Help them." I said nodding towards the others. I helped him up, and he quickly got to work. I couldn't help but wonder: why am I not helping? I want him back too... don't I?

I walked over to the pile, picked up a pice and froze. Someone is watching. I turned to look over my shoulder, a man stood in the distance. Anger quickly built up inside me. Scarecrow. My jaw clenched, then a voice I hopped I wouldn't hear for a long time echoed in my mind. "Why so angry?" Cortanna cooed. Well I don't know... my friend just died and most would be upset by that. I said with some attitude. "Is he?" She teased, no, he's gone... "Then why aren't you helping your friends look for him I wonder?" I froze in my tracks. My mind was taken back a few minutes to the warehouse collapsing. Cortanna, I don't want to see that... "No, but you should watch." She reassured. So I did, I saw myself carrying Superboy out of the building. When it collapsed I noticed something. My hand flintched, wait... was that... did I just? I rewinded my memory again, and watched closely. When my hand flinched it had a white aura around it. I did. "Yes you did." Cortanna hinted.