Chapter 15

We got off the train by climbing on top of it then jumping off. When I landed on the ground pain shot trough my side, I let out a quiet sigh barely even audible. Robin and Arrow landed behind me, "Do you think it's a good idea to bring her along?" Arrow asked quietly behind me. Robin was silent for a moment, "Yes." I looked down at the ground, "Can she hear us?" Arrow asked, Robin nodded. Redarrow sighed, and picked up his pace. "I'm sorry, I- I just didn't think it was a good ideas to bring an injured member along." He said as he caught up to me, "Or any of us." I replied then quickened my pace. Arrow slowed his down so his pace matched Robin's, "That one has a bit of fire in her." Redarrow said to Robin. Again Robin just nodded.

We walked and climbed buildings until we came along a gentleman lying on the ground. "Trail of destruction. This way." Robin said standing up from the unconscious man. We came upon the building that contained the last part of the weapon. "Move in." Robin said we all got inside, and hid in the ceiling. "We need to take him down. Or at least lure him away so we can safely disengage the-" Superboy started to yell and charge towards the Parasite. "No wait!" Robin said as Superboy left. The Parasite looked up, "Seconds? No I couldn't." It teased. Superboy delivered a blow to the Parasite, making it angry. Redarrow prepared his bow, "What is wrong with-." " Wait." Megan interrupted. She whispered a plan as I turned my attention back to Connor and the Parasite. The two of the tousled violently,  throwing strong punches and kicks. The Parasite grabbed Superboy by the throat holding him in the air, "Ummm... I don't know how you keep doing this kid, even Superman didn't charge up this fast." The Parasite spat as it held Connor dangling in his grasp.

  Connor stoped struggling and it threw him across the room, "Come out Dangers! It's only a matter of time before this thing is all warmed up, and eats Geneva." It hissed. "What do you think?" Artemis whispered, "It's a big risk to take on a theory." Arrow said. We turned our attention to Robin, "Do it. Go." He said. We all split up. "So what do you have against Geneva anyway?" Mis M questioned as she approached the Parasite. "Never liked the food, but the menu keeps improving." It said greedily. "I'm just the appetizer, remember?"  Said Mis M as she charged at the Parasite. She dodged his punch and landed behind him, "Here's the main corse!" She shouted as she kicked its legs out from underneath him. He toppled over, but quickly got up. Redarrow launched a arrow at it, "Foam. You think foam can hold me?" It spat as it picked Arrow up with its telekinesis, "Or stop me from crunching you with a thought?" It hissed. Arrow groaned in pain, "Combined Martian and Kryptonian strength here." It smiled as it broke one arm free.

"But do any of those powers free you before I sabotage your death thingy?" Robin said as he hacked into the controls. "This one does." The Parasite spat as lasers shot out of its eyes. Robin leaped it of the way. Artemis jumped to the floor from above, the heat-vision came her way. She dodged expertly shooting a gas arrow at the same time. The Parasite's heat vision hit the gas lighting it on fire. It yelled as it's surroundings caught on fire. Redarrow crashed to the ground, "Clever, tricking me into igniting flammable gas. But you forgot, double the invulnerability. Fire... can't... touch me. " It smiled. "Unless you make a meal out of my powers, and get my weaknesses too." Megan smiled. "Nooo!" The Parasite shouted, it gathered its strength and leaped out of the fire.

I watched as my team circled the Parasite, wanting to do something: But my orders were strict, stay put and don't let him leave. So I did, I sat up in the rafters holding up a barrier outside the building: So the forming black hole couldn't cause any damage to the nearby public. "It's to late." It laughed, "Its almost ready, soon Geneva will be destroyed. Along with all of you." It grinned. "Who should I munch on next? One of your archers perhaps, or the other trapeze I have yet to munch on. Where is she anyway, leave you all here to die?" It spat. "She's holding her post, your stuck with us." Robin said readying his staff. "Pity." It smiled, "I guess I'll have you instead." It laughed. It's eyes turned green and he raised his hand, Robin levitated his direction. Artemis fired her arrows and Mis M used her telekinetic abilities to throw large crates at him. "You all anger me, I've have enough!" It yelled it raised both hands into the air, every one was caught in his invisible grip. "Oh, if only you all had enough power to feed my growing hunger." It smiled. Enough power? I came to a hopeful realization.

I leaped down from my post, "You want power? I have plenty.  You name it, I got it." I said standing in a ready position. "Ah, the last Danger. What could you offer me?"  It questioned, "Well you have all ready had dinner, how about desert?" I smiled. Man, what am I doing? This guy could have unlimited powers if this doesn't work. And kill us all. "Hmmm, well you do look tasty." It smiled. "No! Nightslash don't do it. He could kill you." Robin yelled struggling in the Parasite's telekinetic grip. "I have to take that risk." I replied calmly. "Good." The Parasite smiled. My body went flying into his strong grasp, my head started to spin and my body grew tired. "You taste different. What are you?" He questioned, "Not- sure." I grunted threw gritted teeth. "Ummm, it's delicious!" It laughed. His arm started to shake as it held me, "Ah, the pain! What is happening?" We both looked down at his arm, his veins were slowly turning black. And it traveled slowly up his arm, I smiled. It's working. "What have you done?" He said dropping me and the others in a panic. He dropped to his knees grasping his wrist. "What is happening!" He screamed in pain. "Unlimited powers is a lot for one person to handle." I said calmly watching as my powers devoured him.

His body started to shake as the Black Death crawled up his arm and over his chest. "Nooo! I don't want it! I don't want it!" He screamed. "Isn't that what you asked for?" I smiled, What am I saying? "What I told you to say." The voice said coolly. I looked around at my tariffed teammates, Oh no. What have I done? "Nightslash?" Robin said as he walked over to me, "What is happening to him?" He asked with a concerned expression. "My powers are not meant for others, their bodies can not simply handle it. Nor their minds." I said blankly. "My head! The voices! Make it stop!" The Parasite screamed holding the sides of his head. His body started to twitch and spaz out, making him look demented. A black cloud rose from his body, he grasped at his throat; choking on the power. This has to stop before it kills him. "Enough!" I yelled, stretching out my hand. The Parasite stoped twitching and the black fog retreated. The Parasite collapsed onto the floor. I kept my hand in front of me, the black fog returned but it left the Parasite's body and floated into my hand entering through my palm. The Parasite's body returned to normal, and he laid there motionless but still breathing. "I'm sorry." I said to everyone, then turned to exit the building.