Chapter 8

Robin opened the door, some of his teammates were standing outside the door. "Megan, Superboy, you two aren't supposed to be here. It's late and the two of you have school in the morning." Robin said starting to close the door. "We just wanted to check on her." Megan said stopping the door with her foot. Robin stared at the floor for a bit, "Fine." He mumbled. The door opened and they came in slowly. I stared at the floor avoiding eye contact. "I'm sorry." I said quietly. "It's okay, we understand..." Megan started to say when I interrupted her "No you don't." I said trying not to yell. I squeezed my eyes closed, my heart pounding. They went quiet. I opened my eyes and lifted my gaze, "I have been to many plants, all of them different in many ways. But they all have one thing in common..." I said while trying to control my breath. They stared intently, waiting for me to continue. "They all get scared of my powers, and cast me out." "We won't." Robin said approaching me, he placed his hand on mine and gently removed the IV. I used my other hand and rolled down my sleeve, "How do you know what Batman and the Justice League are deciding?" I said rubbing my wrist. "I don't, but I know they won't banish you from Earth." He said offering his hand. I sighed and took it, he helped me off the bed and onto my feet.

"I shouldn't be telling you what to do, but you should be in bed right now. You have school in the morning." I said sheepishly. "How did you know we go to school?" Megan asked. "Well it's not very hard, Robin mentioned it before you came in and I know who all of you are." I said while crossing my arms in front of me. "Know who we are?" Connor repeated. "Yes, my brain does a scan of everyone I meet so I can prepare for any possible threat that may come. That's why your team was so easy to defeat, I also went easy on you as well." I said walking by them and opening the door. I stepped out and headed down the hall towards the main entry. The others followed, "You were going easy on us?" Connor asked. "Yes." I sighed. "How is your physic ability so strong? It took a lot of effort just to give you a little headache, and you were even distracted by other things." Megan asked while quickening her pace to catch-up with me. "I was mostly born with strong physic abilities, but I also had to do a lot of training. Otherwise I could have died." I said in a mixture of bragging and sadness. "Oh. Well who was your teacher?" Megan said excitedly. We made it to the main room (the training room with the large computer). I stopped and turned to face her, "I am self trained." She stopped in her tracks, the others stopped behind her. One of the Zadea tubes turned on, and Batman entered.

We all watched in silence as he walked towards us. He opened his mouth to speak, "I know." I said cutting him off. He paused then nodded his head towards a door. I followed him into a small conference room. "The Justice League has decided what we are going to do with you." He said seating himself in a chair. I sad down, don't read his mind, don't read his mind. I chanted to myself nervously. "You will stay here, with the team. You will train with them and follow orders on missions." Batman said nonchalant. "And if I don't?" I questioned, "You will leave Earth." He said slightly angered. "The only reason you want me to stay is so you can study me." I said while crossing my arms and leaning back on the chair. We sat for a moment in silence before he answered, "That is correct." He said without showing any emotion. I stood up to leave, "I would only be studying you for your own safety." He spat out quickly. I paused at the door, "It would be easier if I helped you." I said while turning to face him. "But we need to talk first." I added. He nodded.

Dick's POV
The two of them were in the conference room for what seemed like forever. When the two of them submerged Batman handed her a keycard, she took it then headed down the hall. Batman walked up to the computer and started typing. "So you're letting her stay?" I asked on my way to the computer. "Yes." He responded. I looked up at the large screen, he was creating a profile for her. It read:
Name: Nightslash
Age: Undetermined
Hight: 5' 4" (can change when shifted)
Weight: 42kg (can change when shifted)
Sex: Female (can change when shifted)
Home: Undetermined
Powers: Telekinesis, telepathy, Superstrength, super hearing, heat vision, laser vision, teleportation, shifting, super speed, x-ray vision, Precognition, flight, Manipulation of objects, more to be determined.
"She really can do all of that?" Megan said while reading the profile. "Yes, at least that's what I was told." Batman responded. "What is Precognition?" Superboy asked. "The ability to see the future. But she wasn't sure if that was a dream or not." Batman said while saving the file and closing it. "All of you go to bed, you have school in the morning." He said heading to a Zadea tube. I followed silently behind him.