Chapter 27

A knock sounded at the door, Batman and I got up to answer it. It was Canary, "There is some activity going on at Scarecrow's old warehouse. Should we send the kids to check it out?" She asked as soon as the door opened. "Yes." I followed the tow of them to the training room. "Robin, Aqualad is still off world. You remain as team leader in his absence, it is you call if your team takes on the mission and who you bring." Batman said as we entered the room and bringing up the mission on the computer via his wristband. The team read the screen, taking in as much information as they could. "We are in." Robin decided. The team smiled at the decision. "Make your orders." Batman said as he turned to leave. "Miss Martian you are our eyes in the sky, you will pitot the Bioship. Artemis and Red Arrow will cover Kid Flash and I on the ground. Once inside..." I stoped listening when my alias wasn't mentioned. I turned to leave the room. "Nightslash," Robin called from behind, I paused. "I need you to do some research and be on backup standby." I nodded at his command, turned around and approached the computer. I sad down in my seat with I sigh, this is not fair. What if Scarecrow poisons them with his gas? They could die if I'm not there... wait... am I jealous? I sighed again, I totally am. Well I didn't force myself to wake up just to sit at a computer. So being jealous isn't totally uncalled for.

The team left, leaving me alone. I sat in the chair bored out of my mind. Then, out of the corner of my eye I saw movement. I spun the chair to see what it was but was struck in the stomach. The chair toppled over along with me and a fluffy mas on top of me. My head hit the ground, making me groan in pain. The furball whimpered, "Wolf! What the heck?" I groaned as I rubbed the back of my head. The wolf liked my face, his tong was warm and wet. "Eww, Wolf... stop it." I groaned, Wolf proceeded to give me doggie kisses. "Wolf..." I started to laugh, "that's enough." I smiled as I pushed the wolf off. I wiped my face with my sleeve, "Dude, that was gross." I laughed, Wolf wagged his tail happily. I teleported a cleaning wipe to my hand to wipe my face. "That's better, no more wolf slobber." Wolf growled sassily as if to say, "It's wasn't slobber, it was my love and affection." I smiled and patted his head. "Thanks bud, I needed a good laugh." Then the computer lit up.

"Robin, what do you need?" I asked in anticipation as I rushed back to the large screen. "Scarecrow is making more of his poisonous gas, the team could be in grate danger if he uses it. There is an antidote, but it's in the Batcave." He whispered "So you need me to make one?" I asked trying to figure out what he was really asking for. "Yes, or something that could keep us from breathing in the toxins." He said confirming what the team needed. "To make an antidote I would need a sample." I pointed out. "Okay, no antidote. Then something to protect us." He pointed out. "Some sort of mask to filter out the toxins... wait. Isn't this supposed to be a stealth mission?" I questioned when I noticed why he needs my help. "We overheard his plan, he's planning on using it either tonight or tomorrow. We need to put an end to it." He whispered. "Fine, I'll-" I was cut off by a large sound, Robin's camera turned off. His audio continued, "Wally! Get out of there!" Robin shouted before his audio turned off.

"Stay here Bud, I'm going out." I said patting Wolf on the head. I pulled my hood over my head and teleported to Scarecrow's warehouse. As soon as I got there my eyes started to burn, smoke filled the air as a fire burned at the far side of the building. "What is going on?" I asked pulling Superboy to the side. His tense expression quickly disappeared, "Some of the crates exploded, Scarecrow's gas is leaking into the air as we speak." He said a little shocked. "Where is everyone else?" "Megan took Kid outside, Red and Artemis are stuck in the rafters..." "I'll get them, help Robin then meet me outside." I said cutting him off and motioned to Robin, who was being ganged on by Scarecrow's workers. He nodded then leaped onto action. I pushed off the ground, and into the rafters. I easily found Artemis, "Artemis!" I yelled over the sound of the raging fire. She looked at me, "I don't need your help!" She yelled back. "Artemis, please we need to go. The air up here is filling with smoke and the metal rafters are heating up." I pointed out. She looked around, placed her bow on her back and took my hand. I lowered her to the ground, "Where is Red?" "I think he is still up there, he ran off looking for a window." I nodded and took off into the air.

"Arrow?" I yelled into the thick air. I quickly found I'm standing on a beam that was slowly bending. "What are you doing here?" He yelled angrily. "I came to help my team. We need to get you out of here." I yelled over the sound of the flames. "I can do it my self." He yelled before turning to leave. The support beam started to contort faster, bending from the weight of the building and the intense heat. He readied his bow, then launched an arrow into the air. As it flew I realized it's was a grappling arrow, the beam it attached to was slowly bending. It's going to break before he can get to it. Redarrow leaped off the beam as it broke, he swung through the air to the next beam. He's not going to make it. I few after him. The support beam broke, sending Arrow plummeting to his death. I dove after him, grabbing his wrist. I teleported us outside without thinking. We sat there on our hands and knees panting, taking in the clearer air.

I looked up, taking in my surroundings. I located Miss. M, Artemis and Kid Flash. Miss. M and Artemis knelt over Wally. I got up and rushed over, "Kid!" I dropped to my knees by his side. "Scarecrow, he..." Megan started. I pulled out the antidote and injected in into Wally's blood stream. Is shallow breathing deepened, "Where is Superboy and Robin?" They looked up at each other suddenly, realizing something. Then I caught on, "Stay here!" I yelled over my shoulder as I ran back into the burning building.