Chapter 25

Sapphire POV
"You can't save him Sapphire! They will find him quickly, he will be finished!" Cortanna yelled as she presses her black sai to my throat. I winced at the pain and drew in a short breath. "What did he ever do to you?"  I growled lowly, "Love you." Her voice turning more sad than angry as her words left her lips. Love me? How could someone love me? How could he? Cortanna dug her nails into my throat, I gasped for air as she pierced my air way. She flashed me her devilish smile and ripped her sai out of my throat. I collapsed onto the floor, gasping for air as I held the wound with my hands. I watched as her smile changed into a more sinister and menacing look. They found him. The thought of her shadows hurting Dick made me nauseous, that or the blood clogging my air pipe. I coughed up blood as I tried to sit up. My head spinning making me dizzy. I finished sitting up and Cortanna gave me a pitied smile. I glared at her and she stared to laugh, "How you doing hun? I guess you could say I took your breath away." She sneered. Oddly enough I stared to laugh, which sent me into a coughing fit. My head pounding, throat and lungs burning I passed out from loss of blood and oxygen.

I woke up still stuck inside my head, my throat still burning but mostly healed. Cortanna stood there with her back towards me, moving her hands like she was operating some sort of invisible puppet. "Robin." I mumbled without thinking. She turned to face me, dropping her hands to her sides. "Your awake? I thought your weak little mind would be out longer." She hissed through clenched teeth. "Your boyfriend and adopted dad should be dead soon. Why don't you continue your nap?" She smiled. I pressed my hands into the ground to push myself up. "Why are you hurting them? I'm unconscious in the real world, you could take over and leave me here." I questioned. "I couldn't get you to move when I tried to take over. So I took matters into my own hands." She smiled evilly. I felt a anger deep inside of me, slowly bubbling to the surface as she spoke. "My shadows will slowly kill them, starting with one limb at a time. They will rip them apart slowly, till there's nothing left but piles of flesh, bones and blood." She snarled.

That's it! I thrusted my hand forward, releasing a white blazing ball of fire. Striking Cortanna in the chest, sending her fly several meters backwards. She screamed as it hit her, nocking her out as she hit the ground. Instinctively I rushed to her side, taking a knee on her left. I sighed at the fact I was concerned about her. "If you'll excuse me, I need to stop your shadows from hurting my friends." I chastised. The only question is... how? I pondered as I stood up. I paced at Cortanna's side, trying to think of a way to save Bruce and Dick. I paused when I got an idea. This better work. I raised my hands, forming a fiery white orb. I closed my eyes and tossed it up into the air, picturing it finding Batman and Robin. Then... I could see them. The shadows, torturing my only shot at a future where I'm excepted. The shadows froze, confusion and fear in their dark eyes. Robin started to struggle, the shadow's attention returned to its victim. It clawed at him, tearing Dick's flesh. The anger came back. I thrusted my hand out in front of me, launching the fireball straight into the shadow. It burst into a black and white fire frenzy before turning into a pile of ash.

I turned towards Batman, the shadow cowardly backed away slowly. He's fine. I turned my attention back to Dick, he was hurt. The shadows cuts were deep, he could bleed out. I made a slow flick with two of my fingers, a small ball if light emerged from the large one. I floated towards Robin, and absorbed into his skin. It started to heal his wound. I turn my attention back to Bruce. I pushed my other hand forward slightly ,  the light floated towards the other shadow and Batman. I made the same slow flicking motion with my finger, making another ball. It also drifted towards Bruce and absorbed into his skin. There was a noise beside me, "What are you doing?" I lost my concentration and lost sight of the orb. I opened my eyes to see Cortanna. Crap. "Didn't you miss me?" She smiled cruelly. "Then again you did nock me out on purpose." Her tone changed to sass me. I rolled my eyes. "Are we done Corrtanna?" I questioned tiredly. "Hmm... maybe..." she said pondering dramatically by placing a her fist under her chin. "But I've got one more trick up my sleeve." She smiled as she brought her fist down to her hip.

My eyes widened slightly as she threw a dagger at my head. I lean backwards was it flew by my face. As I came back up a dark shadow escaped from Cortanna's body. No! "What did they ever do you you!" I screamed. Cortanna was shocked with my sudden outburst, and so was I. But I continued, "Why do my friends suddenly deserve to be tormented and tortured till your shadow minions kill them?" My eyes started to water, my voice still staying strong. Cortanna's mouth opens to speak, then closed suddenly. Her eyes had a hint of sadness hidden in their darkness. Then whispers echoed my ears, I looked up at Cortanna. She smiled, "They-" Cortanna started but I already knew what she was going to say, "Found him." I said finishing her sentence. Her smile faded along with the whispers, but one stood out from the rest. It asked one question, "Kill?" Before I could stop her Cortanna replied, "Yes." Her words burning by ears.