Heart 37: Seth

"I am amazed by your whole being..."

AVERY

The map is a complex one but I can understand the way it is designed. There are hexagonal stars for each towers. I assumed that it is inside the tower somewhere. There are also texts written in ancient elven language. I can see that the hexagonal stars and ancient elven texts are connected and it only means one thing. To drain and consume life and turn it into a massive and destructive power. Kung sino man ang gagamit ng medalyon, siya ang magiging pinakamalakas sa lahat. Siguro ito ang gustong mangyari ni Seth. He wants to be the most powerful in this world.

But there's a way to fight him. I can reverse the position of each hexagonal stars and it will have an opposite effect. The life drained from the people inside the magic circle can be brought back to them. They can consume the life they lost once again. Mabuti na lang nasa iba't ibang kaharian ng mga tao sina Verone, Rigel, Zion at Priestess Vienna. Madali na nilang mababago ang hexagonal stars gamit ang kanilang dugo. Shin can take care of all the towers here in Alveria.

Hinawakan ko ang puting telang ibinigay ni shin. I chanted a spell to draw the whole map of the human kingdoms to be the reference point and a magic circle, a reversed version of the magic circle from the map given by Priestess Vienna. Black ink appears on the white cloth. I recreate the magic circle and create a reversed image of the hexagonal stars on each towers. Habang ginagawa ko ang spell, pinagpapawisan na ako ng malapot. I could feel the heat rising from my body.

Samantalang ginagawa ko ang spell, pinoprotektahan naman ako ni Shin mula sa mga atakeng nagmumula sa medalyon. Maging si Lianna ay nakatayo na sa tuktok ng palasyo. She's attacking me using lightning but I can't focus on her now. Hindi ko alam kung paano siya nakarating doon. Maybe Seth controlled her to be able to reach that place. Her body and mind are probably exhausted.

I continued chanting the spell and draw the magic circle. I need to be meticulous and accurate with every details. Hindi ako maaaring magkamali kahit isang guhit lang. Halos isang oras kong ginawa ang magic circle. Nanginginig ang mga kamay ko nang matapos ang spell. Nakahinga ako nang maluwag dahil buo na ang magic circle na magliligtas sa lahat.

Bumaling ako kay Shin. Ipinakita ko kay Shin ang ginawa kong bagong mapa. Itinuro ko ang kinaroroonan ng mga tore sa Alveria. "You have to create new hexagonal stars in these locations. Replicate these hexagonal stars I have created and erase the old ones. You can only create these hexagonal stars through the use of blood. Do you think you can do that? Do you need help?" nag-aalalang tanong ko. He's just a child and excessive loss of blood might kill him.

"I can manage. Pwede naman din akong gumamit ng ibang dugo kung sakaling hindi ko kayanin, 'di ba?" saad ni Shin.

Tumango ako. "As long as you can create these hexagonal stars, any blood will do. Once all these hexagonal stars are changed and created on every towers, I can perform the ritual to reverse the effect of this magic circle," sagot ko.

Tumango si Shin at kinuha sa kamay ko ang puting tela. "Let me memorize this first. Take care of Lianna and the medallion in the meantime," sabi ni Shin at sinimulang pag-aralan ang magic circle na ginawa ko.

Habang pinag-aaralan niya ang magic circle, gumagawa naman ako ng paraan upang maiwasan ang bawat pag-atake ng medalyon at maging si Liana ay inaatake ko gamit ang iba't ibang uri ng mahika. I used the water from the rain to send spears on her way. I used earth to attack her using vines. Iniiwasan niya ang bawat atake ko, pero dahil sunud-sunod ang mga ito kaya hindi niya maiwasan ang lahat. Nagkakaroon siya ng sugat sa iba't ibang bahagi ng katawan pero hindi ko man lang napansin sa mukha niya na nasasaktan o dumadaing siya.

She's emotionless. Her face is just blank and her eyes are lifeless. I'm not even sure if she's still conscious, if she still has control over her emotions or feelings. In short, she just became a tool or a weapon that Seth can freely use.