Heart 30: Dreamy

"I believe in you. I believe in us."

AVERY

I've been sitting beside Zirrius the whole time, checking his wounds and sometimes, healing him when I can and waiting for him to wake up. Hindi ako maaaring maubusan ng lakas dahil mamaya lang ay haharapin na namin si Seth. Tatapusin na namin ang labang sinimulan niya. We will end his wickedness this time. We can't afford to fail.

Damon is communicating through my mind. He's not trusting Lianna and Leo enough after he hears my explanations. He has his own doubts and I can't blame him for that. I can't trust them too. Hangga't hindi natatapos ang labang 'to, hindi ko kayang pagkatiwalaan sila.

Nakaupo si Damon sa damuhan at nakasandal sa isang puno habang nakapikit ang mga mata na tila natutulog. Hindi niya ipinahalata kina Leo at Lianna na gumagamit siya ng mahika upang makausap ako. Ipinaliwanag niya sa 'kin ang plano samantalang si Shin ay umalis upang hanapin sina Zach. From what I've heard, Zach and his friends already removed the black crescent moon mark from some guards. Naghahanda na rin ang ilan sa kanila sa pagsalakay sa palasyo. Naghahanap na rin sila ng paraan upang mabura ang magic circle sa lupa.

I am so tired that all I can do is heave a breathe and look up at the fullness of the moon in the dawn. It is so beautiful, shining with its blue light glowing upon us. I'm already lost in its beauty. Sometimes I want to ask if that moon is looking after us and if it anticipates our victory.

"What do we do with these humans?" tanong ni Damon. "Siguro maaari natin silang iwan sa isang ligtas na lugar bago tayo magtungo sa palasyo? Upang hindi sila mapahamak. So that they won't slow us down," he suggested.

"Okay. Let's discuss that with them later. Have you checked their minds?" tanong ko sa kanya.

Leo and Lianna are sitting under the tree next to Damon's. They are now sleeping soundly.

"I didn't get anything important," he paused, as if he's hesitating if he should continue or what. Pero bumunot siya ng malalim na hininga. "Just... just thoughts full of hatred and jealousy towards you. I mean the girl... She's seething with so much jealousy, so much more than I harness," he answered with honesty.

Natigilan ako. Hindi na ako nagulat sa nararamdaman ni Lianna pero nalungkot ako para sa nararamdaman ni Damon. Tahimik na kinagat ko ang labi ko. It must have hurt like hell to feel such jealousy, to see someone you love cares for someone else. I can't say anything but feel guilt-

"Yes, it hurts like hell," Damon admitted. He interrupted my thoughts. "Seeing how you're head over heels for that guy. How you can throw everything away just for him. And I can't say that I don't want that kind of love and attention too. I hate how possessive you can get with him but most of all, I hate that he's not even aware of it."

I hold my breath as I listen to him. I feel like I'm going to die soon if I don't suck just a little air. I hear his soft chuckles inside my head. Of course he knows that I'm holding my breath. I finally release a breath. The sound of his laugh is comforting. Like a friend, like a long lost friend.

"But even though I feel this way, don't let guilt seep in you. I don't hate Zirrius. I don't hate you. I'm different from Lianna. I can't hate someone who doesn't have any control over things, over love, over fate. I already come into terms that you'll never be mine. That I can only watch you from afar unable to touch you. It's hard to admit but you're someone else's mate. And maybe if I choose to move on, I can finally find my mate too."

My heart swells. My throat aches, as if there's a lump in my throat that I need to remove or else it will forever ache. "You'll find her. The right one. You're mate. I'm sure she's patiently waiting too."