Odd 39: Surprise!

A S H

Ang aga-aga sumasakit ang ulo ko.

"Come on, everyone! Double time!" I shouted and clapped my hands.

"Doesn't your throat hurts, Ash? Kanina ka pa sumisigaw dyan." my sister commented as she wrapped her arm around my waist. Napairap ako sa hangin at bumuntong hininga.

"Can't you just chill?" she asked and stood in front of me. "This is just Yanna's promotion."

"This isn't just her promotion, ate." I firmly disagreed. "This is also the departure of Celestina Evans from my empire. The nerve of that bitch." nanggagalaiti kong sabi habang inaalala ang ginawa ng babaeng 'yon. Gosh! She's old enough to understand the rule! Once there is someone who has a potential to overpower you, must be promoted and take your place. Ni hindi pa fully trained 'yung pinuntirya niya! It's a damn disgrace to my empire! It would ruin the image of Valdine Empire! They will blame us for the damage Celestina Evans had done!

"Kalma lang tayo ha? Sige, maiwan muna kita riyan. Gonna help that one member with what she's doing. Alam kong pagagalitan mo kapag nakita mong mali e." tuloy-tuloy niyang sabi at saka ako iniwan.

Okay?

I just roamed my eyes around to check if everything is ready. I smiled with what I am seeing. Nice.

This is the kind of promotion Yanna deserved.

I hold the mic tightly as I eyed my members who are gathered here in Valdine Empire's Hall to witness Yanna Piarre's promotion as the new Head Scientist or as the Rank 1 of the said section. That's a big gratitude. Pinaghandaan ko pa 'to para sa kaniya.

"A good afternoon to all of you, my dear members." bati ko upang pormal na simulan ang pagtitipon. Agad naman silang bumati pabalik. "Alam naman nating lahat kung para saan ang pagtitipon na ito. So, let's start. Scientist Yanna, please join me here on stage." I requested that she granted quickly. She's now standing beside me, giving me wide smiles. Good to see she's happy.

My sister, who is standing at the corner of the stage, gave Yanna a mic. The latter thanked her and she faced everyone.

"My greetings to all of you."

"Alam niyo naman ang kwento nitong babaeng katabi ko. She was from our former rival empire, and the most notable scientist of all. Napakagaling niya, kaya naman sobrang deserve niya ang bagay na 'to." I said while giving Yanna a warm and proud smile. "Standing in front of you, Yanna Shyrile Piarre, the newly promoted Rank 1 of the Scientists Section!" the hall was filled with screams of congratulations, everyone's clapping while smiling from ear to ear. They're proud of her, so I am. So much more than they do.