Odd 31: Only Between Us

A S H

It's a cold, breezy Sunday morning today. And I'm planning to spend my whole day cuddling with my bed.

"Baby sis!"

"Fuck!" I accidentally spilled a curse out of my mouth because of my sister's sudden appearance. "Charcoal Dhane!"

"Woah, easy!" she laughed. I eyed her so she decided to stop.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in a monotonous voice. She just ruined my gloomy atmosphere, damn it.

"Ay, bad mood agad?" nagtalukbong na lang ako ng kumot upang hindi na niya ako guluhin pa. Wala rin namang sasabihing matino 'yang si Ate, it's better to be alone. Isang linggo akong naburo sa VE. Pahinga ko naman ngayon bago muling pumasok sa Erminoa bukas. Tapos bigla siyang susulpot?! My gosh! Ate Char resembles our mother so much!

"Yanna is notable." she stated.

"I know. She's my member."

"Why did you accept her right away?" I can sense that she's curious about that thing, so I removed the comforter out of my face and stared at her.

"Ikaw na ang nagsabi, Yanna is notable. That's the very reason why I let her in." I replied, pero nakatingin pa rin siya sa 'kin sa kabila ng pagsagot ko. It's like she's studying me, going deep within my soul, searching for something. Huh? What is she doing?

"Ate, ano ba?" iritable kong pagpuna sa kaniya at umirap. It's uncomfortable!

"I sent an email to Alezandra." she informed. "I said I recommended Yanna, and you accepted her."

"What the-!"

"Shut up, kid." she immediately cut me off. "I explained my side and she understands it. Yes, she'll obviously be jealous kasi magkasama kayo ni Yanna sa empire habang wala siya, pero may tiwala siya sa 'yo."

"Kaya ba tinatanong mo ako kung bakit ko siya tinanggap?" I can't help but to laugh. "You're funny, Ate."

"Talking to you makes my head ache." she mumbled.

"I heard that."

"Don't care." she said. "Mukhang gusto mong mapag-isa, alis na 'ko."