Odd 34: History Repeats Itself

A S H

I was like, playing with my pen, continuously tapping it on my office's table, producing annoying sound. But I don't really give a damn, since I am the only one in here.

My mind's off to somewhere.

Or someone.

Sighed.

A door being opened was the one who is responsible for bringing me back to my senses. I looked at the person, and shocked to see Yanna.

"Hey." she greeted me, being hesitant. I nodded at her so she proceeded. She took the visitor's chair and smiled at me. "So, how are you?"

"Not fine, actually." with my answer, concern became immediately obvious on her face. "But it's okay. I guess."

"Si...Dim ba?" she hunched. I nodded as the confirmation. "Anong nangyari?"

"She saw you."

"What?" she looked confuse. "Saw me? Exactly where?"

"Kissing me at the garden while I was sleeping." that caught her off guard. Hindi niya inaasahan na alam ko ang bagay na 'yon.

"I, I'm sorry."

"Don't think about it. It's not a big deal to me." her face lit up when I said that. "But it is, for her." when she saw my sad face, she panicked to choose nice words to comfort me.

"If, If I, I didn't do that in the first place, hindi ka dapat nalulungkot ngayon. H-Hindi sana kayo nag-away ni Dim." and I know she was deeply sorry for what happened.

"She had been ignoring me for two months. She's not visiting me, calling me, or even texting me. She's not replying as well. I can't reach her. I tried looking for her but she left with no traces. She intensionally cut everything that may connect us. She disabled anything that can make me reach her." I confessed. Hindi ako makapaniwala na lumipas ang dalawang buwan na hindi ako kinikita ni Yngrid at naitatago ko ng mahusay ang nangyari sa amin. Walang nagsususpetsa, walang nagtataka. She may have been planned this. Nagpaalam siya sa pamilya ko na may out of the country business siya. Ang galing lang. "I can't get it, Yanna. Is it wrong to help you? Does she even trust me? Why can't she put her allegiance to me?" oh, it's more like I'm talking to myself now.