1.10. Rivals

To say we were late would be an understatement.

More like...

"Fashionably late", I narrow my eyes at Jason as he mutters to himself, looking around the room for no one in particular.

"Yeah right", I scoff.

I look around too, nervous about the attention this dress was grabbing slowly as we entered the room; for some reason Clinton's thought still at the back of my head.

The possibility of seeing him here with his date still has me on my toes. I don't know what is this game we're playing. I'm not sure if I'm ready to know yet or if I ever even want to know about it. Heck, I'm not even sure how he'll react when he sees Jason as my date.

Or maybe in this dress?

My subconscious adds and I know I've lost it. My nerves started to kick in, fortunately Jason's arm linked with mine brought just a bit of comfort, enough for me to atleast walk in.

"Oh would you quit it? I was engaged in a meeting, no thanks to Ethan", he sighs, referring to his PA.

"You know, he's weirdly attracted to you", I state the obvious as we enter the main room.

"Unfortunately, he's still in an illusion that I'm gay when I'm certainly not. Who even told him I was gay?", Jason wonders, frustratedly and I stifle in my laugh as I remember who told Ethan about it.

Uh-uh definitely not me.

But I can't say it was Liza because it was her and if she gets the word it was me who told Jason about it, she'll kill me.

"Oh look, there's Eleanor with her date", I distract Jason and pull him towards his mom.

"Oh god", he swears and rolls his eyes, definitely not liking the idea of his mom with another man.

But that never stopped Eleanor from going out with random guys.

I believe the women deserves it. She's so busy with her work all the time, if she gets a bit of time for some fun then let her have it. The fact that those dates never turn serious but always a mindless fling because she doesn't really have time for them, has everything to do with it.

If only Jason agreed to it too.

"Oh look, who decided to show up", Eleanor jokes as she looks at Jason's brooding face.

"Oh look, who has a date", Jason mimics his mother.

Eleanor just rolls her eyes at her son's usual childish behavior.

"Jeremy, this is Jason, my son. And this is Justine, my god-daughter", she tells her date whose name is obviously 'Jeremy', smiling at me.

"I'm guessing this is an Eleanor dress, custom-made I presume?", Jeremy asks me, smirking having have noticed the sheer attention the dress was grabbing.

I look at Eleanor in surprise who just winks at me, playfully as if saying 'I got you'. From the corner of my eye I catch Jason's narrowed eye look that he's giving to Jeremy. I try not to laugh at the sight.

God, he is too cute for his own good.

And hot too.

My subconscious added.

I clear my throat at that, snapping out of my own head.

"Yeah, it is", I try to hide my smile at that as I blush but fail anyway.

"Well, we should get going, we've a ton of people to attend unlike someone", Eleanor says, completely shading her son.

I stifle in my chuckle at that as for Jason who settles for rolling his eyes.