2. 20. A Fever Dream (M)

Justine's POV

I don't remember when we came home. I don't remember what happened after we left that mansion.

I don't even remember how we came about here in his living room, sitting on the floor. Our backs against the couch behind us and us sitting a few inches away from each other.

Sipping wine, talking about everything and anything. Laughing about it.

"I wanted you to be there for me on my wedding, you know", I tell him with a small smile as I remember that day.

Everything was white, from my dress to the flowers, the tables, chairs, everything.

"Really?", Jason almost scoffs at it.

"It's true. No matter what happened, I wanted you there. I missed you there. But as we can tell, I made peace with your absence somehow still", I sigh as I pour myself more wine.

He shakes his head at me, a small smile of his own just round the edge of his lips.

"I knew about the wedding to be honest, I just didn't have it in me to come. I didn't know if I could've beared you walking down the isle and kissing him by the end of the ceremony"

"Instead, I drank my night away and then some few more nights after that", he admits.

Now it was my turn to be surprised.

"Really?", I look at him in astonishment.

"Yup, not my finest moments. I'll admit", he shrugs.

I nod in agreement. Silence reigns on after that as we go back in time. Both of us or at least I do.

I don't know, the night of our wedding, I guess Clinton could tell that I was missing Jason. He always knew that Jason was a part of my life that I could never detach from me. I think that is why he never mentioned it or ever pointed it out. Just let me be in those rare moments.

"I missed you alot, you know. I don't know about you but I did, every single day. I tried to forget but I just couldn't. It was like nothing worked when it came to you", he whispers out the last part as his hand comes up to cup the side of my face.

I couldn't help but lean into his touch almost instinctively.

A small chuckle leaves his lips at my sudden display of affection, that's when our eyes meet.

The gentle curve of his eyes, the crinkling of it as he smiles down at me. I just wish I could stay here forever, in this moment. In the silence of it all, it's not an overbearing one but one you crave. One which is very comfortable and doesn't need words for it to fill it.

We were the moment.

Searching for each other through our eyes.

Trying to find what's truly there and hoping it lasts forever on the mere terms of hope that bloomed in our hearts fiercely.

I don't know when it happened but before I knew it his lips were on mine, gentle and sweet. I was in his arms and returning all of it back, his embrace, his passion.

We were on the couch the next second and I could feel it, that need to be together in the most profound way possible, right down in between my legs.

And his lips were on mine again. Legs wrapped around his waist, hands tangled in his hair and the unending pounding of my heart so evidently there.

I could feel it beating in my ear as he groaned into the kiss. I could hear it when he moved further down to lay kisses on my neck. I was gasping out as he sucked and bit on my skin, leaving imprints of his on my body.