1.2. No Shit

My eyes become saucers the moment he says that.

Like, whaaaaaaat?

He takes in my surprise and instantly starts to rant.

"Look, I knew you wouldn't come if I asked you straight out so I had no choice but to do this. I didn't know what else to do, okay? You're just so busy all the damn time. Especially when I used to come to your office, you would be on the phone but your hands would be working and then you would mix up all the papers and grunt every now and then so, you get what I'm trying to say, right?", by the time he's finished there's a sheen line of sweat above his upper lip but the amount of observation he did in my office kinda freaks me out a bit too.

God, can this guy rant?

I narrow my eyes at him to see if he'll break under pressure but he just bursts out.

"What? Why are you doing that?!"

"No reason. I was just checking if you were serious", I calmly reply, raising my chin up.

He's clearly nervous. Poor guy, I feel for him but I can't just go on a date with him, just like that.

"I'm dead serious. Totally. Utterly. Very, very much serious", he furrows his brows a little to prove his point further.

Yes, oh yes, he's definitely super nervous.

It takes almost everything in me to not laugh in his face at that.

"So you mean to say that you falsed me into coming to a date that I was planning all this time for you...?", I emphasize the last two words for him to get it straight through his head.

Slowly my words register in his head and I witness as his eyes widen at his mistake. I've to do everything in my will to hold back my smirk at the that moment.

Lord, I'm enjoying this.

"What? No! I mean, yeah, but... ", he splutters, surely at a loss of words.

Yup, I got him.

I sigh.

Time to get him out of his misery.

"Clinton, as much as I would like to go on a date with you, which I'm still not sure if I do, I can't", I state out loud, clearly.

He looks at me for a few seconds as if confused. But speaks up nonetheless.

"but why?", he whispers softly as I literally see a little bit of his light dim from his eyes, clearly not used to listening a 'no'.

I give up there and then because honestly, I'm not used to saying 'no' to anyone. Jason says I'm too polite for anyone to say no too but I think otherwise. Honestly, its clear how many hopes Clinton had with this date, especially now that I see his shoulders dropping by with every second that I'm quite and obviously, I feel sorry for him. Still I hold my ground though because I'm too tired for a date as of now.

So I conceive him as sweetly, politely as possible.

"There are policies. Certain guidelines set by my firm that I need to follow as your date planner and going on a date with you, will violate them, Clinton", I reason.

"What are you? In kindergarten? Honey, nobody is going to mouth you off to your firm if that's what you're worried about", he looks at me smugly as if he just solved a problem.

And I can practically see the gears running in his eyes as they brighten up again, like he still has a chance.

What the....