1.9. Fiasco

Next morning at the office, Damon A. K. A. my employer or you can say boss calls me and my fellow colleagues in the conference room for the weekly report meeting.

By fellow colleagues, I mean my arch-nemesis in the business.

Apparently, our company has ten date planners along with me and each of them is like a hyena ready to bite my ass just to get their hands on my position which is at the top of the list.

No bragging but the fact that I have consistently been recieveing the employee of the year award for the past three years has everything to do with it.

Fortunately for me they're nowhere near me for miles.

My true rival in the game might only be one person at this point who is honestly the worst of the whole lot.

Kaitlyn Monroe.

She's one those blonde bombshells who has honestly came uptil a very close second to me by spreading her legs for anyone and everyone she lays her eyes on this building.

Honestly, I've caught her so many times that I'm sure she has fucked half the office staff by now.

I don't judge her for doing that but the fact that she's always devising plans to sabotage my plans is not always helping my case. It's really annoying.

Speaking of, I watch as Kaitlyn and her train of long legs enter the conference
A few of the present colleagues roll their eyes at our usual encounter before going back to gossip amongst them.

Meanwhile, Kaitlyn and I have a long staring down contest while we sit just a seat down from the head of the table; across from each other.

Not even after a minute Damon enters the room, strutting his way to the head of the table and waving his hands to gesture us for remaining seated.

"Quit, glaring at each other", he gestures to me and Kaitlyn with a vague gesture of frustrated hands and, "tell me, the updates of this week. I want to know everything", he announces before tipping his chin up in the air like a proud peacock in jungle.

I give Kaitlyn a look before looking at Damon with a sickly sweet smile.

I'm about to say something but am cut off instantly by long legs in front of me.

"Well, I hear someone's been a little rebellious this week", she looks at me and smirks.

That smirk. It's the name of trouble, I swear.

"Whatever do you mean by that statement, Kaitlyn? And why is it directed towards Justine?", Damon intrudes, curious now.

"Well, she knows what I mean by that. Won't you like to tell about it yourself, Justine? Or would you like me to do the honors?", she asks me with that smirk again.

"I've no idea what you're talking about, Kaitlyn", I think out loud because honestly I literally had no clue.

She smirks again before leaning over the table with her chin resting on her hand.

Damon leans in a little too.

"I'm talking about your little fiasco the other night with with your client Mr. Clinton Valsera. Now, do you remember?", she raises her brows in challenge and cocks her head to the side.

Fuck.

My blood runs cold because as I look in Kaitlyn's eyes I know she knows everything.

And by everything, I mean everything about Clinton and me.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit!

"What in the absolute nonsense are you talking about Kaitlyn?! I met Mr. Clinton Valsera and I can tell that whatever you're implying is not happening. So quite with your nagging. I want reports!", Damon interjects and snaps.

The Date Plannerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें