🥀 7 🥀

Joji dancing in the dark
•||•

~•~
When I'm around slow dancing in the dark
Don't follow me; you'll end up in my arms
You done made up your mind
I don't need any more signs
Can you?
Can you?
~•~

🥀 Chapter 7 🥀

Four weeks have passed and today is the day that will change her life and her future.

Anger is indeed a paralysing emotion that could lead you to the abyss of fathomable hatred and vengeance.

That led her to this marriage.

Marriage

A sacred vow between two people who love each other, promising a life of happiness to live together forever.

Now, she stood in a hotel room, wearing her wedding dress, getting ready to become Mrs Kim.

The Kim family.

Looking in the mirror, she touched her angular face; her lips were prominently striking today, and her makeup looked perfect on her face. Her hair is naturally black, as she'd never dyed otherwise, but somehow it compliments her dark brown eyes. Yet, despite all that, she wondered how a bride could look so dull and sad. There wasn't a glint of happiness in her eyes despite all the makeup she wore.

Today, she is married to Kim Taehyung, the wealthiest bachelor in Korea. Any woman would be excited to be in her place. She would trade her home with anyone who wanted it; she believed any woman would volunteer to be in it.

But she knew that Kim Taehyung just wanted to avenge her.

For their past.

She remembered how she went to meet him at his office. But, instead, she was sent to meet his lawyer and have gotten a long explanation of their marriage and the risks and consequences.

Mr Eric, his lawyer, presented her with a set of contracts containing terms and conditions, seemingly benefiting him the most. She tried to read and trace any negotiable points that she could further discuss with him, but in the end, it wasn't even a negotiable contract. Instead, it was construed to incriminate her if she ever broke any terms.

Despite the clauses on the monetary benefits, she found a loophole that doesn't state until their marriage last. Then, the next day, his lawyer met her again and added a binding clause as to where the dissolution of the marriage is only upon the decision of Taehyung. Further, even if she'd breached any conditions of the contract, they would remain as husband and wife.

Truthfully, The contract was considered void since it was drafted on coercion, and it was a valid ground for it to be unenforceable, but she wasn't in a position to do that knowing what she would get for her defiance.

Her heart clenched in pain, and her eyes started to water; both of her hands trembled in agony at her current position.

For her inescapable reality.

She reminded herself that it was not the time for her to cry. Then, clutching her dress, she slowly calmed the rhythm of her breath, an attempt to refrain herself from crying,

Now, it's not all about her anymore. The decision is for everyone's sake. But, first, she must accept her fate to be married to Kim Taehyung.

Marry to her past, the past she wanted to get rid of so badly.

She wanted to run away, she did.

But these few weeks had taught her there's no turning back for her. Her anger towards her father had dissipated, but the disappointment still existed.