🥀 20🥀

Wonstein, when the night is falling
|•|

~•~
"I have learned that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more."
― C. S. Lewis
~•~

🥀Chapter 15🥀

The night breeze ruffled her long silky hair, showing how her bangs reside at her temple. The sky was somehow gloomy, matching her heavy and suffocating life.

She left the dinner and went straight back home. Guilt settled in her heart, thinking of Younha's reaction. Gladly, Namjoon was there to explain her sudden departure from the dinner.

Whether or not it might savour impertinence, she was determined to leave the dinner as soon as possible after what happened to her today.

She gazed at the sky while recalling how much she and Taehyung love spending their time together at their secret place, just a 6-minute walk from home, precisely under a cheery blossom tree.

But their memory together would automatically envelop her like a soundless tsunami; the nightmare came back in a rush of startling clarity. When she noticed, her body felt paralysingsed, and the flow of time stopped that is exactly what happened to her when she played the piano again.

When she was 22, everything started to change.

At that time, she was beyond shocked that he was the son of a prominent figure, so famous that no one dared to mess up with him. His stepfather was also quite wealthy but an alcoholic and abusive businessman.

It was a different story for Mr Goong, his birth father.

She wasn't stupid; not only money but power was also dwindling in the course of their business. There are more than that, expansion of territorial control, illegal businesses and connections.

But now, she is Mrs Kim of V Corporation, a company linked with different kinds of underground transactions hidden behind the clean image they have. Now, she's the chaebol family of V corporation.

Her train of thought was interrupted by a phone call from Seulgi. She reached for her phone placed on a small table.

"Hello?"

"Unnie." It was Seulgi.

"Hey. What are you up to?"

"I'm at my house, baking. Tomorrow I'll fly to Milan for a fashion show."

"Wow, our successful woman is busy."

"Yeah, busy with no time to date." she sighed.

She chuckled over her words. "I'm sure there is a line of men courting you. Being in the fashion industry, there must be someone that caught your eyes."

"Not really. I guess I have to follow my mother's choice." she paused before continuing, "Enough about me, Unnie, I called because of something. I heard from Oppa on what happened at the dinner." True to her, Seulgi will be asking that question.

"Yes. The dinner- But.. It wasn't that bad." She then further emphasised, "Really. I'm glad I didn't make a whole drama. People might just think that I suddenly had a headache after playing the piano." She laughed light to ease the tension.

Her mind drifted to how he danced with soo many emotions when she finished playing the piano.

"It's good to hear that." She sighed then suddenly, a worry woven throughout her next word, "Unnie. How are you feeling?"