🥀 2 1🥀

~•~

  She said, "What if I tell you everything I've done?
Would you run away from me?"
I told her, "Baby, we all got bags full of shit that we don't want
But I can unpack it for you, baby."

-Pink Sweats

~•~

🥀Chapter 16🥀

In the morning, she woke up early to run for 30 minutes in the gym at house, and then she started to prepare for her work. However, as much as she tried to wash his words away in a leaving tide of her busyness, it didn't even relieve her.

His words hung over her head.

After buying some groceries with Anne and making dough for a pie,  she went out for a meeting.

She should be driving her car, but Taehyung prefers to use a driver to drive her around.

However, she asked her driver, Mr Choi, not to send her even though Taehyung disagreed. Finally, after repeated persuasion, her driver gave up on her because she knew that although Taehyung was their boss, she was still the boss's wife.

It was still 5 p.m. when she entered a restaurant to meet her client. It was on a top floor of high end-restaurant in Seoul, which had a great view of the busy city.

As her black heels clicked insides, she noticed a young pianist and guitarist were playing a Sweet Loraine by Nat King Cole, one of her favourite classics.

She smiled as the singer hit the notes, and the soulful voice made the whole song better.

After passing the singers, she looked around, scanning people's faces and then she spotted Roseanna, a young woman wearing a beige spring coat. The first thing that caught her eye was her charming oval-shaped face.

Pretty, she thought to herself.

After noticing Joohyun's figure, her eyes lit up, and she waved wistfully at her. Then, pivoting her heels, she made her way towards the table.

And for the next minutes, the evening tea with the woman surprisingly went well since she's pretty friendly.

"I'm happy that I can finally meet you. I had to go through several people to set this date for you. It's must be hard for you to carry such responsibilities at a young age."

"I apologise for that. It's quite hard juggling between my works; I feel kinda contented when I finally find the right rhythm of everything."

Roseanne nodded in agreement. "I understand clearly even though I'm not the wife of a successful businessman as your husband." She let out a
Small laugh "And for your arts, I couldn't express how much I love them" Sipping the cup of coffee, she continued.

"It feels that you tried to portray your longing on someone. I just can feel your feelings. I'm sure that you must have  a story behind it." She was looking at her expectantly, Recalling Joohyun's painting, every stroke of brush portraying a stark clarity of the emotions she wanted to show.

"Yes, it's-" sipping her black tea from the glass, she gave Roseanne a slight smile" it's about the person I love, my past."

Roseanne's eyebrows raised curiously, but she decided not to continue her words after seeing her expression. However, she's confident that it wasn't a happy memory.