🥀 19 🥀

꧁~•~꧂

Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas
Lucky is he who has been able to understand the causes of things.

Virgil, Georgiacs, Book 2

꧁~•~꧂

🥀 Chapter 19 🥀

Seoul's weather was gloomy and grey that day; though the city presented a solid front, the weather made the busy city less crowded. Taehyung was about to meet his new client for a joint venture business in Italy.

While passing through the club's main floor, he spotted the young woman, Tzuyu looking frightened as his friend, Mark, approached her. He was likely to start a conversation with her, but she seemed so frightened from the way her eyes were downcasted submissively.

For that reason, He wondered why she looked extremely helpless whenever men surrounded her. It's not like they are asking her more than that. His friend Mark, a man oozing nothing but friendliness, was just trying to start a conversation.

Flirt? His face looked too kind to even be considered as a man with perverting thoughts.

She ran her hand up and down her arm, indicating clearly that she was scared and uncomfortable.

Sighing at the view, he walked towards them and patted Mark's shoulder,

"Hey, Mark."

"Hey, man!" Mark replied with his usual smile.

Tzuyu was shocked at the same time, glad. She knew that Taehyung was trying to help her by the way he looked at her. He always does this, saving her a few times. After Mark left them, he turned to look at her.

"Here, take this." He stretched his arm out to her with his jacket in his hand. She hesitates for relatively short seconds, which causes him to sigh lazily.

"Just put this on. I have work to do."

She took it Hesitantly, and when she touched it, she felt the fabric soft against her fingers.

Her cheeks flushed red, wrapping her arms around herself, enjoying the warmth and the smell of his perfume against her skin.

"Thank you, but how about you, aren't you cold? I mean-"

"Don't worry about me," roaming his hand in his pocket, he searched for his phone while his eyes wandered on the crowd searching for Jimin. 

Observing the timid woman, something was making him pique about her. From her looks and mannerism, it seems that she belonged to some wealthy family, not this place. His brows furrowed curiously at her; " Tell me the truth, why are you even here? Don't you have your own family?"

For a second, a shock passed due to the sudden question of her boss. But, truthfully, from the gossips circulated by the club, he rarely talks to his employees.

And, unknown to him, she's a daughter of the Choi family, a well-known businessman. He owns a pharmaceutical company but not as big as V's Corporation. Despite his age, his father was constantly busy; thus, since he was young, she was placed under her brother care, but her brother developed some obsession over her, tormenting her all these past years.

That thought itself could make her shudder in fear.

After a careful plan, she successfully ran away from his abusive brother. She abandoned everything for her freedom, including her study and life. The fact she wanted to keep it to herself, and although she could go back to her dad, she didn't want to, especially when certain someone had shown her love and care for these three months working in the club. She felt at home here rather than staying with her family.