🥀 3 🥀

🥀Chapter 3🥀

Joohyun sat at the bar feeling a little bit drunk but gladly, she was still under her alcohol limits. Twirling her glass, she recalled her life since she was a kid.

Her father, Mr Goong, is a well-respected man in Korea. Living in the limelight of the business world, he tried his best to protect the people he loved from harm. Living as an only child, his father had protected her and his loving mother as best as he could.

His father had married her mom secretly during their study in Finland as his grandfather strongly opposed their relationship.

Their life isn't a fairytale despite her father's wealth and status, especially her mother, the wife of a well-known man in Korea.

Every day she could see how her mom missed her dad, but to her, she knew her father tried his best to protect them. Her mom met her father only once a month, fearing people would discover the existence of Mr Goong's wife and his secret daughter.

Still, she knew that his dad was a good husband and father.

The reality is that life won't go as you planned and expected, despite how much effort you put into your life.

She smiled sadly when she thought how exaggerated all the dramas and TV depict the life and love of people.

Her heart wrenched when she remembered how her mom waited for his dad every Friday in the living room, smiling happily while waiting for the love of her life to come back home, to feel like a real family.

During her childhood, she hated their life and her father. So many questions went through her mind, and her hatred increased when her quiet, beautiful mother watched her father from the television, smiling all happy, acting like their family was all perfect.

However, at the age of 12, her dad told her about the mafia group haunting their family. Then, she knew that her dad was trying to protect them. The notorious Kim family lived under government protection for years. They lived under the shadow until a few years ago when HE took over the company, placed it under the spotlight, and acted as the saviour of the Republic of Korea.

So, who is she to judge her parents' love life.? Despite the bad ending, she knew remorse and hatred were non-existent feelings between her parents.

The thing that matters is that her father loved her mom dearly. Her mom's happiness and smile could light up anyone's world, and only her father and she is the reason for that.

Her father's protectiveness and gentleness made her understand that they were perfect for each other.

It's funny to see how perfect and sincere your feelings are, but in the end, fate is unpredictable.

The grip on her glass tightened when she imagined her mom's face; those beautiful doe eyes looked at her with such a smile, on the verge of her death. How could she smile at her like that when she was dying? But that is her mother; I'm Yoona, a woman with the love and heart of an angel even until the end of her life. The last words were still vividly playing in her mind and still haunt her every day in her dreams.

Why is her fate like this?

That's the question she had been asking herself for the past years, but she knew life needed to be continued. She must protect many people, including her father, the company, and Seulgi.

Looking and feeling weak won't make things go away. Grievousness can make your life turn into despair, indirectly hurting people around you. Deciding not to be selfish, she lived her life with positivity.