🥀 11 🥀

Orange rex county loving is easy.
•||•

~•~
Loving is easy
You had me fucked up
It used to be so hard to see
Yeah, loving is easy
When everything's perfect
~•~

🥀 Chapter 11 🥀

The days continued normally, with him being busy with his work, and Joohyun started adjusting to her new job. And if she's not busy, she'll be spending her time exploring the books from the floor-to-ceiling bookshelves in the small library for an escape.

Truthfully, she made valiant efforts to avoid him by any means. So, she cut those troubling thoughts off her by being busy and focused self.

The master's she obtained during her time in Switzerland helped a lot because she was appointed in her position based on her qualifications and experiences. She'd successfully convinced her father that she wanted to start from the bottom, the same.
Like other people working in the company and now she's happy with her work.

It was dusk by then- that moment, the sky almost reached darkness when she arrived back from her work to his glitzy mansion.

And, of course, her wishful thinking was only temporary when Taehyung had placed a bodyguard as her driver to report every move she made, so she decided that she shouldn't go anywhere that would raise his unreasonable suspicion over her.

Gladly, Working made her feel like she had control over herself when otherwise, she knew that she was actually trapped under his husband's authority.

Free yet, the invincible leashes are ready to pull her back, back to his capture's side.

Surprisingly, after the incident where she was threatened to sign the amended contract with new terms and conditions, he didn't say anything to her, and he let her stay in her room, separated from him.

After her late shower, she settled in her room. It was when she was letting her mind rest by the balcony of her room and let herself engulfed the crisp of the spring night; her eyes landed on the ring glimmering on her finger.

It was dazzling; the shines from the marquise shaped diamond made the ring prominent and noticeable.

Letting her thumb run over the Cartier ring, she remembered her name being talked about among the employees when she stepped into her father's office.

"Oh god! Is that the well known Kim Taehyung's wife? I mean, how can he marry someone like her? They look so different."

"I never thought that the well-known Kim Taehyung would marry someone as plain as her. I guess she's just a trophy wife."

"No offence, she looks pretty and smart, yet she doesn't seem like any women that he was dating. I think that they just don't fit with each other. She looked so poised and innocent for someone as regal as Kim Taehyung."

The words hurt her pride considering that she was forced into the marriage, she didn't choose this path, but she guessed they weren't wrong whoever thought that a man like him would settle with someone like her, a woman without power or position, far less than what a man like him should have as a wife.

A strong woman.

The title attached to him sounded unfamiliar and ruthless for a man she grew up with, but a piece of memory doesn't stay the same way when reality hits you differently.