king soobin ⁽²/²⁾ ✎ 수빈

Почніть із самого початку

your mother then walked into the hallway.

"marian?" she yelled. "come with me to my bedroom. i need your help organising everyone's outfits for a dinner."

the young maid rushed out of the kitchen and followed your mother up the stairs.

sometimes you felt bad for marian. her job was to cook and clean but she somehow became your mother's private assistant.

she wasn't getting paid extra for all the extra jobs your mother shoves at her.

your thoughts drifted away from the maid to soobin.

you didn't want to see him again.

not now.

not now that your having weird feelings for him.

why did he want to see your family anyway? he saw you and your family last week for his coronation.

wasn't that not enough?

you knew for a fact that if you were to be in the same room as soobin, you would surely act weird.

you've already told yourself a million times that you didn't like but so why was you feeling so weird only thinking about him?

"when i go to the palace all i have to do is ignore soobin and i won't have feelings for him anymore," you mumbled. "simple."

"y/n!" your mother shrieked. "get up here now!"

you sighed. "coming mother."

•••••♡•••••
the palace
•••••♡•••••

"it's so lovely to see you all!" ms choi gave all the members of your family a feirce hug. "y/n! you've grown so much!"

mrs choi cupped your cheeks and marveled how much your face has changed since the last time you saw her.

you didn't get to see her at the coronation so it's been quite a while since you've seen her.

"soobin has made a massive effort tonight." ms choi pulled away from you and led your family into the dining room. "he didn't exactly cook but you can see where i'm coming from."

the table was beautifully laid.

the two servants rushed to the chairs and pulled them out for everyone.

"y/n!" ms choi grabbed you by your wrist. "do sit here...soobin will be sat at the head of the table and he would like his good friend beside him."

"good friend?" you scoffed.

even though you didn't want to you did as you were told and sat down.

soobin walked into the dining room and you couldn't help but stare at him.

he simply looked too good with a crown on.

you, your family, and ms choi stood up and bowed. soobin smiled and bowed back.

"i'm so glad you could all make it." soobin took a seat. "i love it when we all get together."

soobin's eyes landed on you and you knew for a fact that your cheeks were red.

soobin must think you have a temperature. afterall, if he so much as looks in your direction you always go red.

"i've missed every single one of you. we must not allow my father's death to distance us. let's allow it to bring us together."

"well said son," ms choi said.

soobin clapped his hands. "time for dinner!"

the two servants rushed out of the room and you assumed they went to retrieve dinner.

everyone besides you quietly spoke to eachother.

soobin put his hand on top of yours catching you of guard.

"how've you been?" he asked.

it was hard for you to grasp that soobin was actually being nice to you.

you shrugged. "the same as always."

after that neither of you spoke which caused soobin to frown.

"aren't you going to ask me the same thing? i'm trying to make conversation."

you rolled your eyes. "and how have you been king soobin."

soobin smiled. "i like how your voice changes when you say king. i've been kinda stressed out to be honest. people expect so much of me and i know that i won't be as good as my father. i don't want to disappoint my father or my mother or...you..."

soobin's mood instantly changed.

you've never witnessed him like this.

worried and upset.

this wasn't the choi soobin you knew.

"you won't disappoint anyone, soobin," you said. "you'll...you'll be a great king."

soobin smiled and squeezed your hand.

the servants who left returned with trolleys filled with food.

the food was placed on the table and you had to be honest it did look good.

soobin's mother wasn't kidding when she said soobin was making an effort.

everyone tucked in and eat heartily. jokes were thrown and crazy stories were told.

just like how it used to be except from the fact that soobin wasn't kicking your leg this time.

when dinner was over you and soobin walked around the large palace.

"do you ever think of your father?" you asked, breaking the silence.

your plan of ignoring soobin was thrown out the window.

"all the time," soobin said. he stopped in front of a large family portrait. he started up at his father, a ghost of a smile on his lips. "i may not show that i'm upset but i am, y/n."

you felt guilty.

all this time you thought he could care less for his father.

"he wasn't just my father..he was my best friend, my mentor. he made me who i am today."

you found yourself grabbing soobin's hand. his eyes widened in shock but then he smiled.

"do you want to know what i fear the most?" soobin turned away from the portrait and faced you.

"what?"

"losing people i care about."

soobin held your other hand and he stared into your eyes.

he didn't have to speak for you to know what he was thinking.

you already knew.

soobin leaned down and you didn't dare back away.