Everly:CH4: Haunted Part 2

Start from the beginning

The rage in me resurfaces. If it wasn't for Wesley, I wouldn't have been out in the rain. He's the reason I'm here, the reason I don't get my session with Dr. Kelly. He's the reason I'm probably never going to be able to open up my heart to Polly as she deserves. I free my hand from Polly's. Heat, and energy spikes within me. The magic reaching my fingertips, I see the glow in both my palms and before I can decide what I'm doing next, I direct the light and energy at Wesley.

Crash.

He's thrown through the door and against the hallway wall, a large dent left behind as he slumps to the ground. The energy keeps building, the heat getting more intense. I don't know how to stop it. Come on just stop, uhh power off, umm magic stop. Light down.

Fuck!

"Get out of here Polly!" I yell.

"I'm not leaving you," Polly is standing too close for comfort while doc is standing in the doorway.

"I have a sedative, everything is going to be okay," he takes small steps towards me with a needle in hand.

"Stop, get away from her."

It sounds like . . . but it can't be. My eyes watch Doc being shoved back into the hallway, Aiden taking his place- the man from my dreams. I feel a laugh bubbling in my chest, but I manage to force it down. It just keeps getting more ridiculous and crazy. I feel like I am losing my mind, my sanity.

I can't do this. I squeeze my eyes tightly shut. I just need everything to stop, just for a minute so I can figure it out. This is all too much. Did the lightning fry my brain? Is any of this real? Am I just dreaming?

"Focus Everly," his voice guides me.

"You're not real. None of this is. I don't even know your name."

A hand grasps mine and he grunts quietly. His hand feels real against mine, but it's always been that way in my dreams. His touch, his scent, his lips on mine, all of it feeling so surreal, I wake up feeling slightly disappointed he's not by my side.

"I'm real Evelyn, I'm Bastian, now open your eyes," he demands.

"Eve, listen to him please," Polly begs.

Opening my eyes, I see him sitting in front of me on the edge of the bed. Polly is standing in the doorway being held back by a woman with rich brown hair.

I don't want to hurt Polly if this is real.

"I can explain later, right now you need to calm down, do you think you can do that?" he asks.

After the last ten minutes I've had, I don't know if that's possible, "I'm hurting you."

"I've had worse," he says behind gritted teeth.

"You need to get the shot from Doc, I can't stop it."

"That won't help, but I can."

His blue eye and red eye stare into mine as black smokey tendrils reach out from within him. They attach themselves to my head, and I can feel them reaching inside.

"What are you doing?"

"You're overwhelmed, your anger and desperation are controlling you. I'm just going to calm those raging emotions."

I'm still not convinced this isn't another dream, but I don't fight against it, against him. Part of me hopes he is real because I don't know that I can do this without him.

As if water is being poured over the fire raging inside me, the intense emotions begin to lessen. The hopelessness eases first until it's just its usual constant but dull hum. Anger is next, and it follows suit until I feel in control again, well as much control as usual anyway. My hands are back to normal, the energy, warmth, and glow gone.