Chapter 4- I like talking to you, Unnie.

Start from the beginning

"Goodness, I'm just messing with you." She takes her hand back. She then turns her attention back to the television. "I don't have class today. Since the faculty is having some type of meeting. Our professor did not have a substitute." Mina says without looking at me.

I look at her. Isn't this a coincidence?

"That's funny because I didn't have my class today due to the same reason!" I blurt out.

"That's because I also go to Seoul National University, Chaeng." She stares at me. I look at her, I was obviously confused. How does she know which University I go to?

"Did I ever tell you I go to Seoul National University unnie?" I look at her. I never remembered telling her where I study. I wait for her to answer. She looked a little shaken when I ask her how she knew which University I attend.

"That's because..." She trails off, she gave me the side-eye. "You know, Minatozaki Sana." She then nods her head as if trying to agree with what's coming out of her mouth.

"What?" I ask her since she's not making any sense. She's completely talking in phrases. "Use your words, Unnie." I nudge her gently and teasingly, I see her mouth form a small smile but it quickly faded.

"Minatozaki Sana is very talkative. Words just come flying out of her mouth." Says Mina. She then turns her attention to the television again.

She's not wrong though, Sana Unnie does tend to talk a lot. I assume Sana Unnie found out where I study since Tzuyu and her are pretty close. I just shrug and believe whatever she said.

"It's a shame I don't see you around the University." I mutter under my breath, she looks up and I see her nod.

"Maybe we'll bump into each other some time." She looks at me. "I'll treat you and Tzuyu to lunch if we ever bump into each other. If that's okay with you?" Mina unnie asks.

"I can't say no to free food." I smile at her, she smiles back. Her smile, it was timid but how do I describe it? It's timid but I know she meant it.

"Anyway, I've always wanted to know. What do you major in?" I blurt out without hesitation. Even I am taken aback by how fast my thoughts travel to my mouth when talking to her.

At this point I really just want to save our conversation. Usually, I do not make an effort in conversations. If it dies, then it dies. I couldn't care less when there's dead air between me and the person I am talking to.

However, for some reason, I do not want my conversation with Mina to end. It's probably because I want to know her more. Halting our conversation felt wrong. I just want to talk to her. To me, she seemed like a very interesting person. She seemed really cool, I guess I just don't want her to stop talking. Hearing her voice when she talked and also looking at her made me feel at ease. Talking to her felt soothing. I don't want this feeling to stop.

She looked at me and then she reached for the remote control. She pressed the power button and then placed the remote on the coffee table. She faced me and tried to sit more comfortably on the sofa. I scoot a little bit back to give us space. It just felt like there wasn't enough space between us, I wasn't comfortable with that.

"It felt rude to have the television still running while talking to you." She mutters and I nod in agreement. "Well, I am currently studying Political science as my pre-law course." She mutters.

"But why?" I ask her, almost automatically. She tilted her head to the side, she had his confused look painted on her face.

"What?" She chuckles softly.