Chapter 31

Kayla's POV

I didn't sleep for most of the night. I couldn't. Every noise I heard outside of the door kept me alert. Aside from being fearful of what might happen, I cried, prayed and hoped that Oliver wasn't going to actually do what he said. I really hope that he only said that to scare me.

But deep down I knew he meant it.

The cold murderous look in his eyes when he said it told me that he was serious and there is nothing that I can do or say that will change that.

After my thoughts calmed down, at some point around three o'clock, I drifted off the sleep.

I woke up the next morning to the sound of the room door banging against the wall. I looked up to see the guy who Oliver had called Ethan walking inside the room with a rope in his hands. I sat up quickly, my eyes flickering across the room trying to find a place to run, but of course, there wasn't.

He reached over to me in quick strides and pulled me up. He dragged me to the chair in the room and plopped me down to sit. He then tied up my hands and foot. "What are you going to do to me?"

He didn't answer me. He just took a tape from his pockets and placed a piece over my mouth. "Shut up." He finally said before turning away and walking back through the door.

Ten minutes later as my heart pounded loud in my chest, the door opened again and Oliver and a few of his men walked in. Oliver closed the door behind him and strode over to me.

"Hello, Kayla. I hope you had a good night's sleep." He then laughed to himself as he took out a knife from his front pocket. "It doesn't really matter though, you'd be resting again soon enough. First, I'm going to cut off each of your fingers, just to make this more interesting and I'm going to send them to Carson. The next things I'm going to do to you are going to be very much unpleasant."

I watched as he turned his attention to one of the guys in the room. It was the guy who brought me something to eat. "Brett, untie one of her hands." I backed up on the chair and tried to move away but it was no use.

Brett, who Oliver addressed looked at him with unsurety in his brown eyes. "Are you sure you want to do that?" He asked. "I think Carson Knight got the message and you have gotten to him. I don't think hurting her is necessary."

Oliver looked at him and nodded his head as if he was contemplating what he has said. I held my breath hoping that he listens to him. "You don't think it's necessary, huh?"

Brett nodded his head. "Well, yeah. Maybe you could send him a picture pretending that you have hurt her." He suggested. "You don't have to actually-"

Without missing a beat, Oliver pulled out a gun from his waist and shot Brett before he could finish speaking. As the shot rang out and his body hit the floor with a thud, I screamed. However, it came out muffled because of the tape that was over my mouth.

The room fell in silence after that as they all watched Brett's lifeless body on the floor. I looked at Oliver with wide eyes. The fact that he didn't hesitate before shooting him, got me more scared than ever.

"Anybody else has a problem?" Oliver asked and everyone shook their heads. "Good because that's what you get when you question me or disobey orders." He indicated his gun to the body on the floor. It was now surrounded by a pool of blood. I felt cold chills ran up and down my body at the sight. "When I say to do something, you do it and no one should question me." He then turned towards another guy. "Now you, untie one of her hands and remove the tape from her mouth."

The guy started to move toward me and removed the tape. He then untied one of my hands from the back of the chair. "No, please..." I begged, tears streaming down my face. "Please don't..."