Chapter 5

Carson's POV

"What are you doing?" I asked Jayden, who was staring in front of him and smiling creepily for the past two minutes.

My friends and I were in a bar that we regularly go to. We've been here since 5 o'clock playing pool, having drinks and simply just hanging out. I don't drink as much as I used to anymore though. I will only have one drink or sometimes two.

Larry, the bartender and owner of the bar was in his forties, but he was really cool. He didn't mind selling us drinks even though we were only twenty years old. He always says that we seem like good youths, who wouldn't cause trouble. So we've been coming here ever since we came to New York.

"I'm trying to seduce that girl over there," Jayden replied to my earlier question, not taking his eyes from in front of him.

I turned around to look at who he was referring to. We were sitting at the counter of the bar, having a beer and the girl was in the corner of the bar, sitting beside the pool table. I lifted my eyebrows in question. "Are you aware that she's way older than you?"

"That doesn't matter. Older girls like college guys. Besides, isn't this the point in our lives where we experiment? Try new things?" Jayden asked, keeping his eyes locked with the girl, who was now looking uncomfortable.

I chuckled at his questions. "If you say so, bro."

Jayden waved me off. "You, my friend, won't get it because you have a girlfriend." He replied.

I nodded my head with a smiled. "That's true."

Jayden started to heave in his stomach and flex his muscles. He looked silly if you asked me. Just then, his brother, Jordan smacked him on the back of his neck.

"Ouch!" Jayden yelped, rubbing the back of his neck and shooting his brother a glare. "What did you do that for?"

"You were embarrassing yourself and that means you're ultimately embarrassing me," Jordan explained.

"That was not cool, man." Jayden argued.

"Neither was the way you were acting." Jordan countered.

I was chuckling at the banter of the two, when Michael walked up behind us, coming from the bathroom. "Are you guys ready?"

I looked at my wristwatch and saw that it was now five minutes past eight. We have been here for three hours now. I didn't even realize when the time passed.

"Yeah, let's go." I said and Jayden and Jordan nodded their heads in agreement.

"Well, well, well." I heard a familiar voice behind us. "If it isn't Carson and his sidekicks."

I turned instantly and came face to face with a face I didn't expect to see again; Oliver Ross. He had a cynical smile on his face and he looked every bit as angry as he always looked. He hasn't changed a bit. What was he doing here?

I stood up from the stool I was sitting on and faced him fully. "What are you doing here, Ross?"

"Fancy running into you here." He sneered, ignoring my question. "Oh, what fun."

"I wouldn't say the same," I replied in a hard tone.

He laughed viciously. "I finally have you now, Knight and this time you're not going to run."

"I have no interest in fighting you, Oliver. So it's best you let this go." I said. "I don't do that anymore."

"Let it go. Let it go!" He roared, his voice rising. "Oh no, I'm not letting this go." He stepped closer to me until he was in my face. "You make me so angry. I've been waiting for my moment of victory and you decided to run and hide like the coward you are. But not this time."

"Get out of my face," I said, trying to remain as calm as possible. He didn't move, he just stood there with his fist clenched.

Finally, one of the guys who were with him put his hands on his shoulders. "Not here."

Oliver stood his ground for a few seconds, before backing away. "Watch your back, Knight." He threatened before walking away.

When Oliver and his cronies finally left, I sat back down on the stool. I felt Michael put his hands on my shoulders. "You okay?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah. I just didn't plan to see him again for the rest of my life. I thought I was done with him."

"Screw him, man. He ain't nothing." Jordan put in, coming up to my other side.

I nodded my head to both of them and spun around on the stool to face the bartender, who was standing close by watching to see if he had to step in. "Hey, Larry, when has he started coming here?"

"Since he moved here three months ago," Larry answered, wiping a glass that was in his hands. "That guy is nothing but pure trouble, but he buys a lot, so I tolerate him here. Also, he seems like the type of guys who will cause trouble if I didn't sell him, so I leave him be. Do you know him?"

"Yeah, we go way back," I responded.

"It seems like he doesn't like you too much. He looked ready to kill." Larry shared his observation.

I chuckled dryly. "You have no idea."

"Come on, let's get out of here," Jayden said, coming up behind me.

"Yes, let's go," I said, getting up from the stool. "See you, Larry."

The others waved at Larry and we left the bar.

••••••

Kayla's POV

Only ten minutes have passed, when I heard keys rattling in the front door. The door opened and Carson stepped in. He saw me sitting on the couch and smile at me instantly. "Hey, babe."

"Hey." I returned his smile.

He walked over to me. "I'm so glad you waited." He reached the couch and sat down, pulling me in his arms and kissed me. "I'm sorry I came later than I planned, but I ran into someone."

I rubbed my hands gently on his face, the smile still on my face. "It's okay." I noticed that he became tense when he spoke earlier, but now relaxed when I touched him. I looked into his eyes and saw that he had a faraway look.

My eyebrows furrowed in worry. "Babe, what's wrong?"

His eyes focused on me again and smiled. He took my face in his hands and rub his thumb lightly against my cheek. "I don't want you to worry about it."

"Come on Carson, tell me." I persisted.

He was quiet for a while, then he laid back on the couch. "I ran into Oliver today." He conveyed.

I sat up straight. "Oliver? As in Oliver your arch-rival?" I asked.

He nodded his head. "That's the one."

"Does he live here now?" I asked in shock.

"Apparently so. He's been living here since January." Carson replied.

"What does he want with you?" I questioned.

"To finish what he started," Carson said in a dry tone. As soon as he said this, he eased up from the couch and took my hand in his. "But, I'm not worried about him, so you shouldn't either, okay?"

My smile returned. "Okay."

"Now what's our plan for tonight?" Carson asked.

"Watching movies." I said, "But first I'm going to take a shower."

"Hmm...sounds like a good idea." He then leaned closer and gave me a quick kiss on the lips. "Want company in the shower?"

I pushed him away lightly. "Nope."

"That's not cool." He said, his eyes twinkling with mischief.

Laughing, I got up from the couch. "No, it's not," I said, walking away.

He burst into laughter at my response. Laughter I still heard as I closed the door to the bathroom.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
AN: Hello!

Thanks for reading another chapter. Hope you liked it. If you did, please remember to vote.

Stay beautiful! ❤

Alecia