Chapter 13

Carson's POV

One thing I knew for sure. Oliver Ross is a guy who didn't do anything without a reason. The fact that he talked to Kayla, I knew he was trying to tell me something and I had no choice but to answer.

He wanted to get to me and it worked.

He was giving me a warning, letting me know that he knows her and can get her involved at any time. I feel myself getting angry again at the thought. The fact that he had the idea of using her to get to me made me want to punch him in the face. Punch him in the face so hard, he'd regret ever approaching Kayla.

So, after careful consideration, I knew I had to fight him. I really had no interest in that but to keep Kayla out of his way, I'll do it. I'll do anything to keep her safe. Oliver was not a nice person and I knew what he was capable of. I'm not going to allow him to bring to action what he had planned in that twisted, psychotic head of his.

So now, it was Friday evening and I was in my car driving to Larry's bar. Oliver would frequent there a lot and I was hoping that he was there now.

When I pulled up in front of the bar, I cut the engine and got out. I walked towards the entrance of the bar and got inside. Once inside, I scanned my surroundings instantly hoping I would see him. The bar wasn't entirely full this evening, so it wasn't hard for me to look for him.

Thankfully, I saw him sitting on a stool with his back to me at the counter. Larry was at the other side of the counter serving another customer. I walked over in his direction.

"Ross!" I called as I approached him. He turned in his seat at my shout and faced me. When he noticed that it's me, he smirked. The look on his face indicated that he wasn't surprised to see me. He knew I was going to show up sooner or later.

"Oh hello Carson." He said in an overconfident mocking tone.

I didn't want to be here with him any longer than I needed to, so I got straight to the point. "When do you want us to have our rematch?"

He lifted his eyebrows at me before a victorious smile graced his face. "I knew you would see it my way eventually."

I felt my blood boil with anger. "Stop wasting my time, Oliver." I ground out. "Answer my damn question!"

He smirked again. "We can have our match next week Saturday. I'll let them know to expect you." He said and told me the address of the place. I then turned to walk away, when he spoke again in a warning tone. "Don't disappoint me now, Knight. If you decide to run again, it won't end well for you."

Ignoring his remark, I turned and left the bar. I had no intention of staying and having any small talk with him and I had no interest in listening to his threats.

••••••

"I can't believe he would stoop that low just so he could get you to fight him," Michael said sounding really surprised and annoyed at the same time. "Is he really that desperate?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "He's stupid, that's what he is." I replied. I was currently at Michael's apartment. As soon as I left the bar, I came here informing him about what Oliver did and what my plans were.

Michael, who was sitting on his couch, looked up at me who was sitting on a small chair near the door to his apartment. "Are you sure you want to do this man?" He asked in a serious tone. "Oliver is a sick maniac and we don't know what he's coming with. He's been holding a grudge with you for a long time now."