Chapter 12

I woke up to find that it was now morning. I shifted a little to look at Carson who was still sleeping. I lay on the bed for a bit longer, with my arm wrapped around Carson, before I decided to get up. I removed my arm from around him and was about to get up from the bed when Carson stopped me. He pulled me back down on the bed and wrapped his arms around me, snuggling closer.

"No, don't go. Stay for a bit longer." He said, his voice husky and heavy with sleep.

I tried turning in his arms to face him, which wasn't an easy task because of how tight he held on to me. "Carson, I have to get up." I said.

I waited quietly for a while, but Carson didn't say anything nor did he release me. After a minute has passed, I looked down at him again. "Carson?" I whispered.

"I love you, babe." He mumbled barely audible.

I smiled as I realized that he has indeed gone back to sleep. I always find it cute whenever he mumbled in his sleep. He never believes me though, when I informed him of this.

I laid there for about ten minutes listening to his steady heartbeat. I wasn't going anywhere today anyway. I was just going to the bookstore later, to get a textbook that I was going to need when school resumes on Monday. However, after a while, I realized that I really wanted to use the bathroom, so I had to get up. I slowly slipped from Carson's arm. He grumbled again from the loss of contact but thankfully, he didn't wake up this time. I stood up from the bed and went into the bathroom.

I soon as I brushed my teeth and washed my face, I came from the bathroom. Carson was still sleeping. I really wanted to go back into bed and wrapped up in his arms once again, but I felt hungry, so I decided to head towards the kitchen to make breakfast.

A few minutes later, I was at the stove making eggs and bacon when I heard a noise behind me, I turned to see Carson leaning on the entrance to the kitchen. He was still shirtless, but he now wore sweatpants. His hair was messy with sleep, but he still managed to look good.

I smiled at him. "Hi, sleeping beauty." I replied teasingly.

He lifted his eyebrows at my comment. "Really? Sleeping beauty?"

"Yes, of course." I said, turning back to the stove to take out the eggs.

As I did so, I felt arms wrapped around my waist. He brought his head down to my shoulder and whispered in my ear, "Good morning beautiful." He then kissed me on my neck. I rest the plate on the counter before it falls from my hand and turned off the stove. "Something smells good." He said still nuzzling my neck.

"That's the eggs and bacon," I replied, spinning in his arms.

He smiled at me. "Yes, that too." I slapped him lightly on his chest and laughed. He looked at me, still smiling. "I love this."

"What?" I asked.

"Waking up with you here and the smell of breakfast cooking." He answered.

"Me too," I replied wrapping my arms around his neck. He smiled at me before bringing his head down to kiss me.

Carson suddenly lifted me on the countertop without breaking the kiss. I wrapped my legs around him and deepen the kiss. After a while, he pulled away and snuggled into my chest. His arms were still wrapped around my waist. I smiled at his actions and run my hands through his soft hair. We stayed like this for a while and I wished it could last forever, but I heard the toast popped up in the toaster.