Chapter 32

Kayla's POV

After leaving the police station where we gave our statements, Carson, his friends and I journeyed back home. Carson drove me to his apartment, when we were back in our home town.

When we got inside, Carson turned to me. "Are you hungry?" He asked.

I shook my head. "No," I answered. Food was the last thing on my mind. I was still shaken up from the day's events and all I wanted to do was sleep and forget about it. At the same time, I couldn't help but think about Lilly's involvement. I really couldn't believe she would do that to me. I thought she was my friend.

"Is everything okay?" I heard Carson asked bringing me from my thoughts. He must have noticed the expression on my face.

I walked over to the couch and sat down. "I'm just thinking about what Lilly did. I never expected it. Where was she by the way? Will the police catch her?" I asked. The police had caught everyone involved in the kidnapping except for Lilly. She was an accessory and there was no way she was going to get away with what she did.

"Yes, they will. She can't avoid them forever. She is going to pay for her involvement as well." Carson assured me as he came and sat beside me.

I nodded my head. I was really glad that this was over. Oliver was going to answer to charges of kidnapping, drugs and murder so I knew he was going to spend a lot of time in prison. I took a deep sigh as relief wash over me.

"I'm so sorry, Kayla," Carson said suddenly and I turned towards him. "I never should have suggested we take a break. I would never want to do that. It's my fault all this happened."

"Carson, no. I'm the one that should be apologizing. I was stupid and I shouldn't have said those things to you. I'm really sorry. " I took his hand in mine and looked into his blue eyes that looked back at me with so much adoration. "You just wanted to protect me, but I acted stubbornly." I looked at our intertwined hands and went quiet for a while as I tried to control my emotions. I then looked back at him, as tears filled my eyes. "The truth is, I would never want to be without you."

Carson used his thumb to wipe away the tear that had escaped and rolled down my cheek. "It's okay, you would never be without me and I promise you that I would never leave you again." He replied as he brought me closer and wrapped his arms around me in a hug.

Carson pulled back from the hug and smiled softly. "You know I never wanted you to be in the middle of this, right? I never wanted you to get hurt."

"I know and I don't blame you for what happened," I replied.

He sighed heavily. "I know you don't, it's just that it's my fault Oliver took you and I feel bad about that...."

I placed my hands on his lips to quiet him. "Carson, shhh," I said quietly and looked at him again. I noticed that his eyes were filled with moisture. This is the first time I've experienced this side of him so I knew what he must have felt these last two days. My heart reached out to him. "I don't think that way and I don't want you to, okay?"

"Okay," He replied and smiled again. "Do you have any idea how much I love you?" He asked as he brought me closer to him. His smile was infectious so I smiled back while nodding my head. He then closed the gap between us and kissed me softly. I got lost in the kiss and everything was good again. All the bad things were washed away and I felt safe again.

••••••

The next day when I went to school, Monica and Sean greeted me with a warm hug and expressed that they were glad that I'm okay. Lilly wasn't there though because she wasn't in school. I heard that the police had picked her up on her way back to the campus last night. She had denied her involvement but it was no use because of course Oliver had already named her.