Chapter 30

Kayla's POV

A day has passed since I was taken captive. I still don't know what's going on and apart from a guy coming inside the room to give me sandwiches to eat yesterday and today, I haven't seen anyone come to the room to do anything to me.

I honestly didn't know how I felt about that. One part of me was grateful that no one came to the room and another part of me was on edge, nervously waiting for something bad to happen. After all, these people were bad. They all had guns and looked very dangerous.

It was late in the evening when I heard the creaking of the door as it opened. I looked up expecting Oliver or any of the other men but was surprised instead. Entering through the doorway of the room was the last person I expected to see. In fact, I had to blink twice to make sure I wasn't just imagining her.

"What are you doing here, Lilly?" I asked, shocked and confused at the same time.

"Hello, Kayla." She said quietly, ignoring my question. She took a few steps closer until she was standing in front of me. Her tone was cold and apathetic. "Surprise to see me here?"

"Yes, why are you here? Do you know Oliver? Were you involved this whole time?" I asked trying to make sense of this whole situation.

She smirked. "No, actually, I wasn't." She responded. "But let's just say I was thrilled when Oliver approached me at school and started asking about you. At first, I ignored him not really interested in talking about you." When she said that she made up her face. "I mean, I don't know this guy, I thought he was one of your friends or he was interested in you or something. But, when I heard what he was planning, I became intrigued." She added with a satisfied smile.

I pulled my eyebrows in confusion surprised by her hostility towards me. I knew she was different these past few days but I didn't know she hated me this much. "But...why? What did I ever do to you?"

"I'm sick and tired of you being little Ms. Perfect. You behaving like you are better than anyone else makes the rest of us look bad."

"What the hell are you talking about? I've never acted better than anyone and I'm definitely not perfect," I replied.

She scoffed. "Oh please. You're one of the top students in class, straight As, always doing more than anybody else and everyone likes you and want to be your friend." She looked me in the eyes and added. "Even Travis comes along and likes you. Everything is all about you and I'm not going to put up with it anymore."

"What does Travis got to do with anything?" I stared at her for a while, trying to figure it out before realization hits me. It all made sense now. Why her distant behaviour towards me intensified when Travis started our school. "You like him, don't you?"

"It doesn't really matter because he doesn't even notice me. All he sees is you. You already have everything and now his attention. I bet all your life everything has just been handed to you and you're living a perfect life." She accused.

"You're wrong, my life hasn't been easy. You can't go around making judgements about people." I stated. She didn't respond to that, so I asked. "Why did you decide to join Oliver? He is bad, Lilly. You have to know that." I asked trying to appeal to her rational side.

"Don't talk to me that way!" She snapped harshly. "Don't tell me who I should or shouldn't hang out with and you sure as hell don't know me so don't pretend that you do."

"You're right, I don't." I agreed. I didn't know her at all because I never thought she would do something like this. I thought she was my friend. At least she acted like it in the beginning. "Please, Lilly, let me go. I'm sorry that-"

"Shut up, bitch!" She snapped. "I don't want your apology. The only thing that would give me satisfaction is watching you finally getting what you deserve."

With that, she turned and stormed from the room, slamming the door shut behind her.

••••••

It wasn't long after Lilly left the room when the door opened again and this time it was Oliver.

"How'd you like my little helper?" He asked referring to Lilly.

I slowly looked up at him and said quietly. "I don't understand why you are doing this."

He rubbed his hand under his chin and continued as if I didn't speak. "I like her. She was very helpful. When I spoke to her, I didn't know it would've been this easy." He then looked at me. "I've never met someone full of hatred and resentment. The best part was, I didn't have to do much cajoling because she was willing to help me."

"Please, let me go. I won't tell anybody about anything. Just please let me go." I pleaded.

He finally looked at me and strode closer to where I was sitting. "That's not going to happen, so don't bother trying. I finally have Carson where I want him. I'll finally get the satisfaction of watching him break." He replied vengefully.

"But why?" I pressed, trying to understand his motivation. "Why is it important? Why can't you leave him be?"

"Because he humiliated me!" He roared and I jumped a bit from the intensity of his anger. "He's walking around thinking he's better than me when he is not. I have to get back at him for that."

"You're really doing this because Carson beat you in a match?" I asked puzzled. "You are insane."

Before I could fully complete my sentence, Oliver closed the small space between us and the next thing I knew was that I couldn't breathe. He had his hands tightly around my neck and his eyes bore into mine. His entire face was contorted with anger. "Don't you dare say that!" He shouted. "Carson did not beat me!"

As I felt the tears run down my cheeks, I used my fingernails to claw at his hand that was around my neck. Thankfully, he let me go and stepped away because I was starting to feel lightheaded. "No one beats me because I'm unbeatable! I've always been unbeatable!" He continued to shout as I coughed trying to regain my breathing. He turned to face me again and I held on to my neck and looked at him. "Carson is just lucky, but unfortunately, his luck's about to run out."

He walked back closer to me. "I've gathered that your friend Sean is trying to figure out this location. So now, I don't have much time." He rubbed his hands against his chin and gave a cold stare that sent shivers down my spine. "You better savour this night, Kayla..."

I continued to watch him, dreading his next words. When he said them, I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat and the shivers caused cold bumps to spread across my skin in fear.

"Because come tomorrow, I'm going to make your life a living hell and then I'm going to kill you. I'm going to enjoy doing it too because the next time Carson will see you, you'll be in a body bag and the devastation he'll feel is the closest I'm going to get to my revenge."

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
AN: Thank you for reading!!!

I hope you enjoyed! 😊

Please don't forget to vote ⭐

Stay determined! 💪

Alecia ❤