Chapter 26

Carson's POV

When Kayla left my apartment yesterday, it took a long while to realize what happened. Even now, I still can't believe it. When I had invited Kayla to come over, I never expected the situation to turn out the way it did. If I had known, I would have handled the situation so much better.

In a way, I couldn't blame her. If she didn't want to be with me because she thought I was obsessed with Oliver or maybe she didn't want to be a target because of the danger that surrounds me; I get it. I wasn't upset with her. The only people I was angry with was myself and Oliver. Maybe she was right. Maybe I didn't think this through. I should have thought hard enough for another plan.

I took a deep sigh as I opened my car door and entered the driver's seat. I sat there for a while and take another calming breath. I guess this is how it should be. I love her so much and I would do anything to protect her. If us breaking up is the only way to accomplish that, then I have to live with it. Even though it hurts and is tearing me up inside.

I started the car and put it into drive. As I drove from my college campus parking lot, I find myself taking the road to Kayla's college. I don't know why, I just couldn't help myself. I just wanted to check in on her and make sure she's okay. I also really wanted to see her. I reached her college in under five minutes, but I didn't go in. I pulled up on the curb outside the fence. From here, I could see the big tree where Kayla normally sits after her classes.

I looked in that direction and as expected, Kayla was sitting on the bench. However, she wasn't alone. That guy, whose name I didn't remember or care to know was with her. Once again, I noted that there was something about him and it was clearer and obvious as I watched him with her. The way he was looking at her and his body language say it all.

I gripped the steering wheel tighter as a feeling I couldn't explain overcome me. The feeling was fueled with anger and frustration as I watched them. It was obvious that he was into Kayla and I didn't like that. I didn't like that at all. I wanted to go over there and get this guy away from my girl but I didn't. That was a bad idea because, for one, Kayla doesn't want to see me and two if I confront him, she will probably say that I'm being irrational and insist the guy was causing no threat. Maybe not to her. But if he is trying to move in on Kayla, he is definitely a threat to me.

Besides, I shouldn't be here. This was a dangerous and selfish move. I wanted to make it look like Kayla and I weren't together and if Oliver sees me here, he would think that we are. I took one last look at them talking and I knew I couldn't watch this anymore. Still fuelled by anger, I put the car in drive and drove away.

Micheal and I had made plans to go to the gym. Even though I wasn't feeling it, I couldn't go home so I drove in that direction. Honestly, the gym was the best distraction for me right now.

••••••

Fifteen minutes later, I was in a private room at the gym and I now find out how convenient it was because I had no interest in being around a crowd of people. I was just grateful for the quiet room to do my regular workout and try to clear my mind.

However, that proved impossible as I throw punches at a punching bag and all I could think about was that guy with Kayla. Now that we weren't together, he can easily be with her. The thought of that made me sad, hurt and filled with anger, but there was nothing I could do about it. I was still punching the bag with everything in me when I heard Micheal's voice. "Hey, did something happened?" He asked entering the room. He obviously notice how tense I was.

I stopped punching the bag and held it still. I then turned to look at him. "Kayla and I broke up," I answered finding it difficult to say the words. It felt weird saying it. It was the first time saying it out loud since yesterday.

Micheal looked confused. "Wasn't that the plan?"

I shook my head. "No, we really broke up." I clarified.

Micheal stopped in his tracks. "Oh, what happened?"

I shrugged before offering. "I don't know. She didn't want to pretend and take a break. She didn't want Oliver to control her life. She wanted to live a normal life." A normal life without me in it, I added to myself. I started to punch the bag again trying to ignore this feeling that was resurfacing again.

I was brought from my thoughts when Micheal said. "There's something else." He observed as he noticed how tense I was. I stopped punching the bag again and told him about the guy who was with Kayla. I also told him what I had observed about him now and the other times I've seen him.

"So, what are you going to do?" He asked when I was done relating the events.

"Nothing," I said simply. "There's nothing I can do. We broke up." I punched the bag with more force. "I'm so stupid," I added as I punched again. "Maybe I shouldn't have suggested we break up," I said mainly to myself as I picked up my continuous rhythm.

"Yeah, but remember Oliver's treat." Micheal reminded. He walked over to the chest press machine and sat down. He began to put on his workout gloves.

"Yeah, I know but I just wished I didn't. Maybe this is all a misunderstanding and she was right. Maybe Oliver wasn't planning on doing anything and I reacted too quickly. Now because of me, we're completely apart and some guy is hitting on her and I can't do a thing about it." I said with frustration.

Micheal was quiet for a while and then he said. "This is a difficult situation, but I know you will do what's best. Just know that me, Jayden and Jordan will have your back for whatever you decide." Getting into the position on the machine, he added with surety. "This won't last for long. Oliver and his goons will be stopped. He'll for sure pay for all the trouble that he has caused."

I nodded my head at his response. I have no idea how that will happen but I know that I'm looking forward to that day. I was so getting tired of him, his threats and his manipulations. So, putting an end to his shenanigans is now my number one task.

And after what he caused with Kayla, I was more hell bent on doing that.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
AN: Hey lovelies 😊

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Thank you so much once again for reading and as always...

Stay awesome! 😍

Alecia