Chapter 22

Carson's POV

Sunday evening after Kayla left my apartment to go back to the dorms, I met up with my friends and we decided to go to the gym to spend the remaining of the evening. This wasn't a random trip to the gym, ever since we came to New York, we would normally come here at least three times a month.

We were here for half an hour, when I was surprised by Oliver Ross entering the gym. Was this guy stalking me now? Because all the time I've been here, I've never seen him here before. I sat up from the chest press machine I was on, when Oliver walked in our direction. The guys, who noticed Oliver too, got off the machines they were on and faced him when he reached us.

"Relax boys, no punches will be flung tonight." He replied holding his hands up. However, he was sporting a sinister grin on his face.

"What do you want, Oliver?" I demanded.

"I'm merely here to use the gym facilities just like you." He said casually, but I knew that was a lie. He then laughed at some sick joke in head, before he sat on the bench press machine and started lifting. "You know, I was a little disappointed that I didn't hear from you after that dreadful night. That was a fun night, wasn't it?"

"Did you come here to gloat, Ross?" I asked. "Because I don't think that's an accomplishment considering you weren't alone. The fact that you needed all those other guys help to do your dirty bidding, that should tell you something don't you think?" I said in the same tone he used earlier.

Oliver stopped what he was doing and snapped his head around to look at me, sending me a deathly glare. "Don't push me, Knight." He snapped through gritted teeth.

"If I were you I'd back off and leave me alone. I could've easily reported you for assaulting me and next time you won't be so lucky." I ground out.

Oliver's angry demeanor vanished and he let out one more of those dry laughs. He then continued to pump his chest. "You see that's the problem, Knight, it didn't get to you, which is why I'm disappointed. You didn't call the cops; which you couldn't prove by the way and you didn't plan a revenge on me. It seems as if you weren't fazed at all. Which caused my revenge to be not as satisfying as I'd hoped."

"What is your problem, man?" Jordan cut in. "Seriously, you have a major problem."

Oliver stopped what he was doing and stood up. He looked at Michael, Jayden and Jordan before he focused his attention on me. We stared off for a few seconds with me trying to figured out what was going on in his evil head. The more I thought about it, the more I figure out what his deal is and his intentions and I didn't like it at all.

Oliver smirked knowingly. "I'll see you around Carson." He replied before turning around and leaving the gym.

••••••

Kayla's POV

When I woke up on Tuesday morning, I noticed a navy coloured wrapped box laying on my nightstand table. I sat up from my bed and smiled. I knew instantly that this was from Jasmine. I took up the box and examined the card that was attached to it on a string hanging from the neat bow.

I regret to inform you that your teens have now expired. It read in big bold letters on the front.