Can't please them all

Derek P.O.V

I got in my car and drove away I couldn't be near her, I didn't want to be near her.... why should I have to be with someone that I wasn't able to choose for myself. Not anymore things are definitely going to change when I'm pack leader.

I walked inside everyone was still out, probably looking for Reign. I went up to my bedroom and layed there looking up at the ceiling.

I heard a car come screeching up the drive way, I could hear sams voice telling her to come in. I knew it was Reign I could smell her scent before she even walked threw the door. My thoughts had been cut off

"Derek are you at home?" It was Thomas trying to channel threw to me via our pack connection

"Yeah I'm back, so are the girls... Sams talking to Reign out on the patio" I quickly cut the connection I didn't want anyone else to hear my thoughts...

Why her? I mean she's cute I guess but I know Ashley is way hotter and she doesn't even have a backbone... I need someone strong who can hold there own, a strong woman to help me lead the pack one day.

But she's yours, mine, ours! My inner wolf

growled. I can't take this anymore... I want her, but I don't need her... I've got Ashley that's all I need... at that moment my phone rang

"Hey baby are you home yet, do you want me to come over for a night cap?" I heard a soft giggle on the other side I knew it was Ashley.

"Hey baby sorry not tonight I'm stuffed... I need to get some rest I'll see you tomorrow? " I sounded sincere... I knew she was upset the other line went quiet

"Oh ok... well you get heaps of rest and I'll see you tomorrow, good night love you" she said

"Love you" I hung up the phone and tried to get some sleep I couldn't stop thinking about her... what if? No Derek stop! You don't need her it's just your stupid inner wolf...

***************

Everyone had arrived at the house as usual Sundays were always busy around here... that was the only time everyone from the pack would gather together and just catch up on each others week, apart from meeting of cause. I looked around the backyard I couldn't see her it was getting late and the food was almost ready... I looked at the time and it was almost 4 o'clock. Right then I smelt it that beautiful scent, but this time it wasn't just her scent it was the same scent I smelt on her last night, I looked up and saw her standing there on the deck. My eyes went narrow I sniffed the air once again, she had definitely been with that person today. I felt my hand scrunch up and turn into a fist i stared at her wondering why she had his scent on her for the second time in two days? I saw her lips moving I didn't hear a word she was saying I was lost in my own thoughts. I realized she was apologizing for last night... but what about today where had she gone!

I waited patiently for Sam and Thomas to leave her side, I went over and asked where she was I was furious my hands wouldn't stop shaking they turned into a fist... she tried to reach out and touch ny face, I quickly stopped before she could get any closer, as soon as I grabbed her hand I felt the sparks I let go straight away as I put her hand near her side. I asked her who is this guy and if he were her boyfriend, at that moment I saw a change in her face... she let me have it almost yelling at Me asking what gives me the right to tell her what to do when I'm dating someone else... I knew what she was getting at. I couldn't take it anymore and I didn't want to cause a scene so walked away... I stood on the other side of the deck as I watched her examine her phone... then I heard sam talk about some guy named Jackson and why the fuck was he calling her babe? I could feel my face starting to burn up I was so mad I wanted to punch someone's face his face... she waved it off as if it were a joke they then slipped inside and I couldn't hear what they were talking about I wanted to find out but Ashley had already jumped on ny back..

"Hey baby, let's go sit over there" she gave me a peck on the cheek and I carried her on my back to the chair. We sat outside talking with everyone else but deep down my thoughts were somewhere else. She came outside and said her goodbyes to everyone, I looked at her and then got distracted by Ashley I looked back up again and she was gone.