Return.

Reign P.O.V

I said my goodbyes to my father, I couldn't believe how fast the past couple days went by. I sobbed on the flight I felt so hurt, I didn't want to leave my dad but he said it was important I returned back to Sarah and Dennis.

***

I walked through the terminal, remembering the first time I came here. I was scared, sad a list little girl and now I'm returning hurt and still feeling lost.

I saw Sarah and Dennis standing amongst the crowd. Sarah ran over to me with a huge smile, she embraced me in a big hug almost squeezing the life out of me. She let out a soft giggle "it's so good to see you again" she kissed me forehead. I looked at Dennis and gave him a hug and he kissed me on the cheek "it's good to have you back dear" he smiled.

We got into the car and I sat in the back seat feeling drained and a little jet lagged. Suddenly I woke up and noticed we were home. I must of fell asleep on our way back.

I slumped out of the car and walked towards the big door way, I turned to help Dennis with my bags and in the corner of my eye I saw my old jeep sitting in the drive way.
"everything is pretty much still the same here." Dennis smiled.
"you hungry dear?" he asked softly and I shook my head.
"just a little jet lagged, I think I'll just go up to my room" I gave a weak smile.
"ok, you get plenty of rest and we'll see you in the morning" Dennis gave me a soft kiss on the forehead.
"it's good to have you back dear." he whispered.

My room was exactly how I left it, I looked at my bed and just laid down. I felt exhausted, not physically but mentally.

I woke up the next morning and heard the birds chirping out side my window. I sat up and walked to the bathroom, looking at myself in the mirror before running a hot shower.
I wrapped the towel around my body and got out a pair of Jean shorts, a white shirt that had a laced back and put on my white converse shoe's.

I walked down stairs and saw Dennis and Sarah in the kitchen. "wow, your up early, this will probably be the earliest I've ever seen you awake" Sarah laughed as she finished turning the bacon over in the pan.
"since you're up early, we'll have breakfast and head to the pack house" she smiled.
I stood there looking like a statue, damn I forgot it was family BBQ day.

She shot me a worried look.
"Sam will be so happy to see you" she gave me a reassuring smile.
"no one knows your back, we didn't tell anyone" Dennis looked at Sarah.
I sat down without replying and continued to eat my breakfast.

"come on you two" Sarah called out to me and Dennis, she was already standing at the front door.
"How about I meet yous there" I smiled.

Sarah shook her head. "no we are all going together" she replied.
"I just want to drive my jeep, I'll follow yous" I gave her a small smile. "I don't see the harm in that" Dennis handed me my car keys.
"thanks" I walked out to my jeep.
There was a thin layer of dust on the dashboard but she was still the same.

I followed behind Sarah and Denise as we drove up the pack house driveway. I sat in my jeep not wanting to get out, Sarah walked over to me and opened the door. "don't worry dear" she whispered.

We entered the house and I suddenly got a big whiff of him the smell of his scent filled the house. My legs started to feel like jello and my stomach was filled with butterflies. Deniss sat down, me and Sarah walked past the lounge and into the kitchen.

I could hear the girls laughing and giggling. Sarah walked into the room first I hesitated then followed behind her. I jumped as I heard one of the girls scream "Reign!!!" Sam yelled, rushing towards me and pulling me into a hug. I hugged her back and smiled.

"why didn't you tell me you'll be back" she raised her voice with excitement.
"it was a surprise I guess" I let out a soft giggle. All the girls greeted me and smiled at me as we sat at the kitchen counter. They were preparing all the salads for the BBQ.

I sat at the counter drawing invisible shapes into the counter top. I felt Sam pulling at my arm "come on, it's so nice outside" she pulled me up out of my seat. I shook my head taking her hand off my arm "hurry up Reign" she pushed me out the door.

I stood on the deck awkwardly looking at all the boys who were starting up the BBQ. I tried to turn around and go back inside. "Reign!" Thomas called out to me with a big grin, I gave him a small wave.

I looked who he was standing next to our eyes met, it was like a trance. We stared at each other intently, small tears filled the corner of my eyes. His face let off a pained expression, I started breathing heavily and felt Sam nudge me breaking our eye contact.

I winced and could feel the small sharp pain up the side of my body from my fall in the shower a few days ago. It wasn't fully healed but it was starting to get better, we didn't realise how deep the glass cut into me.

I was in shock I couldn't move, Sam nudged me again. I didn't move, feeling annoyed she finally wrapped her arm through mine and a lead me towards him. I shook my head and she didn't loosen her grip.
"Reign, I didn't know you were back" Thomas smiled and walked over giving me a small hug.
I looked over at Derek he didn't take his eyes of me. "yeah, well it wasn't my plan to be back so soon" I coughed trying to clear my throat. Sam looked at me shocked "what do you mean, you've been gone for so long" she questioned. I just shook my head
"I wasn't sure I was even going to come back" I answered.

Derek's my mouth opened he looked pissed. "why" he finally spoke, hearing his husky voice after so long still gave me goosebumps. Mine my inner voice whispered. I jumped hearing her voice, it had been so long since I've spoken to her.
I stood there looking like a idiot, it was hard to speak.
"because " I answered simply.
His fist started forming a ball.
"and that dirt bag" he spat..
Shocked I looked at him, he hasn't changed at all he's still the same.

Really that's all you can think of.
"it's nice to see you too" I scoffed.
Turning around and heading back inside. Sarah saw me storming through the door. No Reign, mine
My inner voice started crying out.
"are you ok" she walked towards me frowning.
"I think I should leave" I said holding back tears.
"no"she pulled me into a hug.

I walked over to the counter and sat down, heavily breathing. I looked at the girls who were standing next the fridge their faces were pale.
I could feel him standing behind me, I didn't want to turn and face him. Slowly the kitchen emptied and I felt Sarah's hand tighten on my arm then let go.

I jumped as I felt a broad strong hand on my shoulder the sparks flew immediately, it felt right, it felt beautiful. The feeling suddenly went away as he let go, I still wouldn't face him. Memorise of the last time we were left alone in this kitchen came back to me. The room was quiet and the silence was killing me inside.

What's wrong with me, I wanted to touch him so badly but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

I finally stood and felt him pull my arm, the sparks started up and and the butterflies filled my stomach.
I turned to face him, he was just as beautiful as the first day I saw him. This time pain was written all over his face, those beautiful eyes piercing right through me.