Unsure

Reign p.o.v

It had been a couple weeks since we've been in New Zealand.. Dennis and Sarah rang me at least three times a week, they kept asking me when I'll be back.. To be honest I wasn't entirely sure I wanted to go back.

Jackson and Willow had hit it off good, they were inseparable.. Willow was practically at my house 24/7 and if she wasn't here then Jackson would be at her house..

I went for a run with the dogs, but it just didn't feel the same anymore.. My inner wolf hardly spoke to me and it was taking me longer and longer each time I tried to shift. I sat at the end of the creek and looked at my reflection in the water.. Get yourself together Reing.

Derek p.o.v

I was starting to wonder how she was. Why was I so stupid to turn her down like that. I've officially fucked things up big time!
Everything was taking a toll on me trying to run the pack house, making sure everything was in order and thinking about Reign. I didn't realize how difficult it was actually going to be.

We had a pack meeting and the two elders Reign lived with were there. We discussed the packs budget, the training routine for the pack and how I'm handling being the new alpha.

Once the meeting was over I pulled Dennis and Sarah aside "how is she?" I looked at their faces and they both stared at the floor "well.." Sarah tried to speak but was cut off from Dennis. "she sounds like she's doing fine" he finished. "we don't talk very long on the phone, she always cuts us off and says she's got things to do or she's busy." he shook his head and ran his fingers through his hair.. "but she's ok right?" my voice broke a little "when will she be back?" I questioned them.
"to be honest we aren't sure when they will be back" he explained I shook my head "they? That dirt bag he's there with her?" I was started to get mad "that will explain everything, why my inner wolf can't feel her anymore.. It's him, he's keeping her away I'm losing her" my voice broke.. I walked away shaking my head. I walked to my room, I could feel my inner wold trying to break out.

Reign p.o.v

I decided to pull myself together.. I was sick of being depressed over someone I couldn't be with. I helped my father out at the shop to take my mind off of things..

A few more days had past, without me even realizing. I've been spending so much time working with my dad, catching up reconnecting that I had totally forgotten about what was happening back at the pack house.

I felt like my old self again, I felt how I use to feel before I moved away. I forgot what it was like to feel free again.

My mornings will start with a quick run through the bush with Jackson, my dad and our dogs. My dad always had a worried look on his face everything I attempted to shift. What use to happen within a couple of seconds, was now taking minutes and getting longer everyday.

~~~

After my shower I went down stairs to eat breakfast with the boys. Jackson was waiting for Willow and my dad sat at the table drinking his coffee.

"Reign, I don't think that's normal" my dad said with concern in his voice. "what are you talking about?" I asked with one eyebrow raised. "your shifting.." he looked me in the eyes.
"I've got a little cold that's all, no big deal dad." I pretend to cough a little while finishing my sentence.