Chapter 24: Alpha

Start from the beginning

[A/N: Heya, I don't usually put these in the middle of a chapter, but to save time on my own story and for continuity's sake, I won't be putting Alpha's backstory here. I may reference it from time to time, I don't know yet, however, if you want to read about Alpha's past, it's in the first chapter of her story! Go check out Alpha_Wolf_Spirt for more]

As soon as she finished her story, I suddenly hugged her. "G-Guess my life isn't so bad then..." I chuckled to try and lighten the mood. "Sorry... It's nothing to be concerned about, but I kinda know how you feel... for a family member to die in front of you... So I just want you to know that... I'm here now."

It took her a few moments to respond, but when she did, she did so with a question. "What do you mean, not so bad?" I realised I may have said more than I wanted to, but since she related her past to me I should return the favour.

"Just low-key emotional abuse that kinda crippled me mentally growing up, making me into an awkward teenager. Struggling to make new friends or trust myself with anything. The fact that he still doesn't care... Just hurts even more..."

She then hugged me tighter than I'd been hugging her, and tried to encourage me. "Sometimes people don't see you for what you do and who you are. No matter, how hard you prove your worth, there is always someone who will see your flaws, and point them out. It hurts more when it's someone you care about the most. I apologise that such a thing happened to you...

Just know that I see you as a strong, young hero who is trying to carve their name in the world. Trying their best to ignore people's negative opinions about them...When you feel as though no one is there supporting you, remember that I will always be there to cheer you on... I will always be there to save you from the darkness when it takes you away."

I smiled and tried to hide my face, as by now, the few tears that had formed in my eyes turned into a stream. I sniffled and replied, "Thank you... Likewise Alpha."

What she said next surprised me. Well, it wasn't so much what she said, but what she sang. She started singing that one song that everyone loves from the Greatest Showman, This Is Me. It brought back some fond memories of my mother, and also encapsulated what Alpha had been trying to tell me.

"My mom loved that movie... Never saw it myself, though I recognise the song a mile away. You have a nice singing voice." I awkwardly complimented her.

"Thank you. I never watched it either, though the song is popular and fit well for the moment. Perhaps we could see it sometime together!"

The reason I'd never watched it was because I hate musicals, but I didn't want to ruin the moment and just responded with, "That would be nice."

At this point, we were both feeling a lot better, and Alpha confided in me, telling me she'd never told anyone about her past before, and asked me to promise never to tell anyone, which is why I haven't written about it here.

"I'll make sure to remember it in Spanish then." I winked at her before replying seriously, "For real though, you can count on me to take a secret to my death bed. I'd like you to do the same for me though, I don't want anyone to know I was crying... Or about my dad."

"Your secret is safe with me, Alex. That's one promise I know I can keep."

Just then, All Might came back with some food, and I jumped back from Alpha and acted as if nothing had happened, since it could look suspicious with how close we were together in a small confined room, like he was with her when I came in. All Might was definitely someone I didn't want on my bad side...

"Oh hey, All Might! Thanks for the food, I'm starving!"

Alpha replied, "Finally! I haven't eaten anything in a week!"