T W E N T Y - F I V E

25C O N T R O L

25
C O N T R O L

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

   AS SOON AS HE SAW IRENE, he felt the dancing become violent in his stomach. His hands grew clammy, and he suddenly felt self conscious about himself and his appearance. His heart hammered against his chest as he approached her with a calm gaze, mind spinning and thoughts flooding it.

Breathtaking.

Everything about her was breathtaking to him. The orchid-purple yukata that had pink flowers over it, her caramel hair styled in a braided bun, and hazel eyes that seemed happier than before. He found it incredible how beautiful she appeared, how someone could look that outstanding.

He found himself staring and averted his gaze from her, scratching the side of his cheek. He narrowed his eyes in frustration, for staring too long and appearing like a creep for doing so. 

"Levi, you okay?" Irene asked, causing him to divert his attention back over at her.

As always, she was worried. "Yeah," he muttered, voice barely above a whisper. He swallowed the lump in his throat and allowed the words to leave his mouth. "You look...you look pretty," Levi complimented, hesitating to find the right words, not entirely sure if he should say she was beautiful or pretty.

She didn't seem to mind his hesitation because she ended up smiling at him, pink dusting over the cheeks, the way it always did whenever she got a praise or compliment. "Thank you, Levi. You look handsome in your yukata."

Her words made a rosy tint to take over his cheeks. He uttered a thank you, causing a giggle to escape her lips. His dark-blue eyes averted back to her and she gently took his hand, making his heartbeats threaten to shatter his ribcage with how fast they drummed.

"Come on, there's a lot to see around here," Irene directed with an ecstatic smile, pulling Levi along after he froze momentarily.

When he began walking, she retracted her hand, leaving him to want to take it again, but he refrained himself from doing so. Instead, he just remained silent, following her as he took continuous glances at her, mind racing with her astonishing and gorgeous appearance.

His eyes scanned the area that was the same place that they went to eat at the buffet. It made him recall the time he had with her there, how he made her cry, and it made guilt tide over him. Before he could ponder further into it, he brought his mind to something else when he spotted a fireworks stand.

"I thought the fireworks festivals were all over," Levi inputted, masking his curiosity with a dry tone.

She stopped, his attention diverting over to her as she smiled. "That's the best part about this place," Irene said ecstatically, eyes gleaming, "on September twenty-first, they give the biggest fireworks show here!"