T W O

02J O B S

02
J O B S

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

   SLAM.

That was the sound that echoed throughout the small apartment. The sound of bundles of groceries slamming onto the polished, black wooden table. It rattled the ashtray that was on it, cigars falling out of it and spreading the ash. It made Levi heave an exasperated sigh.

His eyes directed towards the hallway, listening for any signs of the other man. None. He figured his roommate was working as he always did. It was only four PM, and he had taken an opening morning shift rather than an opening night one. Still, he would arrive soon.

The apartment they lived in was small. It was cheap, but it was decent enough. There were two showers and two bedrooms. They had paid extra to use separate showers, specifically, Levi, who refused to use the same shower with his roommate.

There was a television in the living room with a couch and coffee table in front of it. They never watched anything on the TV, it's why they never bothered to pay extra for cable. Even then, they never even used the television. It was just there. As for everything else, just a simple table with three seats in the kitchen. Other than that, it was simple, bland, tidy, and empty.

Once he finished placing everything into the fridge, he went to shower. Hanji's car was filled with tissues and it was disgusting. There were random things thrown in it, and looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. The brunette had claimed she cleaned it, but Levi had a difficult time believing it due to the bacteria that lingered everywhere.

As soon as he was finish showering, Levi collapsed tiredly onto his bed. He threw his arm over his eyes, releasing a heavy sigh. Despite only being out for four hours, he felt drained of energy.

The background sounds of the store didn't even sound like it was in the background. It was as if it was just booming with speakers. Especially because Hanji and Levi didn't exchange many words until the very end of their journey.

He wasn't sure how long he had been on his bed, just lying there on his back. How much time had passed just replaying random memories of the past. But it was long enough for them to sink in and begin to tear him apart.

The raven-haired man sat up, his hand running through his silky hair. He made his way to the kitchen, the sounds of his gentle footsteps echoing throughout the apartment. Levi wasn't too sure what he was going into the kitchen for, he just needed something to repel the memories away from his mind.

That's when he found himself opening up the liquor cabinet. There were various choices in there; bourbon, sake, whiskey, awamori, vodka. Each one with a different alcohol percentage and usage. There was different things to make other drinks in the cabinet next to it. Only Levi didn't know how to professionally make a drink. Only his roommate, Furlan, did. He was a bartender and knew how to make all sorts of alcoholic beverages.