T E N

10A C C I D E N T

10
A C C I D E N T

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

   "FINISHED."

Irene directed her attention towards Levi, who finished setting the lighting. A smile danced her lips and she nodded. "Seven minutes to kill. You can just relax; I've still got to get the camera ready."

Levi nodded, heading to take a seat on the park bench. They were at Garrison Park for the photo shoot, and one thing for certain: his muscles burned. They pulsated with pain and felt as if they were about to fall off. It seemed as though it didn't hurt as much when he was unloading everything from the van. Now that he finally got to relax, they stung with a throbbing pain. Each time he stopped doing any activities for a moment, it all returned.

"If you want, there's ibuprofen in the van," Irene informed. Levi's attention averted from the cloudy sky and towards her. "I took two before we started—I always do. Doing this for six years really takes a toll, even after you get use to it."

"And you just now tell me?" Levi grumbled, getting up and narrowing his eyes towards her. She shrugged, not bothering to look up as he made his way over to the van that wasn't too far.

Just opening the van made him hiss in pain. His teeth gritted together and he desperately searched for the medication. He found it in the bag of extra towels she carries. Taking two, he made his way back to her.

"Have you talked to Hanji?" Irene asked, her eyes shifting towards him.

He arched a brow. "I try not to. Why?"

She shrugged and glanced at the ground, quickly looking away. "No reason," she muttered, distracting herself by lifting the camera and taking a random photo of a bird nest.

Levi narrowed his eyes, her lie easily spotted. He eyed her, and as a result, her body grew stiff and she swallowed thickly. He turned away, going back to sit on the bench. He decided to bite his tongue and keep his mouth shut, remembering what Erwin had said about this current job being his last chance along with his community service.

"So, did you sleep well?"

When he looked over at her, her gaze was already on him, and he noticed how stiff her body was. She held the camera with a tight grip despite it being wrapped around her neck with a strap.

"No," he answered dryly. Levi, in fact, did get a better rest than most of his days. He had gotten home, showered, and fell asleep for longer than five hours. But he knew if he had answered honestly, she would suggest it was the tea, even if it was a fact.