T W E N T Y

20M U S T E R I N G

20
M U S T E R I N G

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

   LEVI PACED BACK AND FORTH. His mind was occupied completely. It had been a day since he last spoke with Irene, and she hadn't called him. It frustrated him that she said she would, yet never did. He began to wonder if she really was okay. If everything was indeed a lie.

He froze when he felt something hit his head. He turned over towards his roommate and glared. Furlan returned it, picking up his other pen. "I'm trying to fucking work here! I can't focus with you pacing back and forth!"

The older was a bit stunned by Furlan's sudden outburst. He could see how tired and stressed he was, he couldn't help but think if Irene looked and felt that way.

Levi gave a small nod. He muttered an apology and went to go pick up the pen. He placed it on the table and sat in front of Furlan.

Furlan looked up from the paper he wrote on. "Go get air or something. You've been pacing back and forth for, like, two minutes now. It's getting annoying."

Levi shook his head, glancing at the two separate piles of bills on the table. Everything was under Furlan's name since when they had tried to put it under his own, they rejected every single thing. Of course Levi helped with the payments, but Furlan would go over everything and take care of the calculating exactly how much they needed.

The phone on the table buzzed with life, making the two flinch. Furlan turned off the alarm and sighed, grabbing his phone and slipping it in his pocket. "Well, I'm off to work. You take care of the rest."

With that, he left the small apartment, locking it from the outside. Levi looked over at the papers and went to sit over where Furlan was.

It took an hour to finish everything up, and once he did, he got up and walked into his room. He looked at his charging phone that sat on his nightstand.

His mind wandered back to Irene, constantly pondering if she was like Furlan. He debated if he should call her again, if it would somehow help. It felt like he needed to hear her voice so that he could be certain that she was truly all right. It bothered him how he couldn't physically see her to know the truth.

He sighed and sat down on his bed. "What the hell am I thinking?" he muttered, rubbing his eyes with his fingertips. He threw his head back and stared at the ceiling.

Hanji.

Immediately, he dismissed the idea. To call Hanji and ask her to check up on Irene was something that was way out of proportion. It would only make matters worse, especially because she was the reason she had begun to cry in the parking lot in the first place.

After a few seconds, he abruptly got up from his bed. "Fuck it."

Levi walked into his kitchen and grabbed the gift basket that was sitting on the counter. It was the same gift basket that belonged to his roommate, a simple gesture given to him by his job that they did with all new workers. He threw on his shoes, leaving the apartment before he could turn back once taking his keys and locking the door.