F O U R T E E N

14N O T I C E

14
N O T I C E

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

IRENE HUMMED cheerfully as she helped pack everything up. The entire day she had been in a merry mood, even letting the fact Levi had called the people they photographed ridiculous for wanting to get married after four months slide. It was odd because she had only shot him a look and apologized for his actions.

Levi looked over at Irene, who had begun to pack up the stand they had used. The light in her eyes never left as she did and it left him confused. He didn't show it, still holding the cold and stoic expression and gaze, but he pondered on why she was like that. Her merry mood matched the sunny day.

Finally, he decided to ask. "Why are you so cheery today?"

She turned, her lips pursed together, suppressing her smile. Her hazel eyes sparkled with light, matching the bright day. "Am I not allowed to be like this?" Irene asked, breaking into a bright smile.

Levi momentarily stared at her. The smile that was plastered on her face was different from all the other times she'd smile—he noticed that easily. It made his frown fade, but the neutral expression to remain.

"I never said that," he retorted monotonously. As much as he tried, he couldn't look away from her bright mood. It was as she was a beaming ray of sunshine. It was similar to Hanji, but it had a large tweak to it that he couldn't figure out.

She hummed, turning around and continuing to pack up. Levi stared at her for a few more seconds, waiting for her to speak again, before he managed to look away.

"How were your days off?" she inquired, making Levi take a glance at her.

He paused, searching for his answers in his mind on what he should say. It was a simple question, but if she knew of his restless days caused by his desire to drink and smoke, that would taint her viewpoint of him and add a strike.

He felt her gaze avert towards him after he debated for too long. Before she could comment on it, he spoke up, deciding on his response last second. "It was quiet," Levi said, closing his eyes momentarily as he mentally cursed himself for his bland response.

A small whine came from his boss and he looked over at her. "Are you indirectly saying I'm not quiet?" Irene questioned teasingly, her eyes gleaming of amusement and playfulness as a smile tugged her lips.

"It was peaceful," he corrected, shaking his head with a roll of his eyes as he returned back to his work.

Irene giggled. "Right," she said sarcastically.

Levi could feel her bubbly aura radiating off her. It wasn't as annoying as Hanji's, but it did bother him because it was so sudden. He took a glance at her and noticed how even her attire was bright. He had noticed it earlier, but not as much as back then.