E L E V E N

11B O R D E R S

11
B O R D E R S

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

"ARE YOU GOING TO EAT OR NOT?" Levi questioned, making her flinch and look down at her bowl of ramen in front of her.

Irene only nodded, picking up her chopsticks and placing noddles on her spoon. Her eyes were slightly puffy and red. She had washed her face as soon as they got there and cleaned herself up. He wanted to ask if she carried any make-up to even cover it up, but he decided it wouldn't be the best question to ask.

They ate their food in a tense silence. Anyone around them could feel the uncomfortable and stiff atmosphere they were in. The entire time they were there, they didn't exchange any words, the only words being towards the waiter as they told him what they wanted to eat.

Levi didn't know what to say to her. The words 'I'm sorry' couldn't even leave his mouth. The only reason why he had taken her out was because it was his version of those two words. Even with that, he most certainly couldn't afford to lose his job. He silently hoped that the clients wouldn't complain to the company she worked for.

"Thanks," she muttered, her quiet voice making him direct his attention towards her. Her eyes avoided his by keeping her gaze on the steaming bowl in front of her. She fiddled with her chopsticks that stirred in the bowl.

"Yeah," Levi said, giving a small nod even if she couldn't see it. It was the only thing he could manage to respond with, still unsure how to approach her.

"You know," Irene started softly, taking a glance at him. She stayed silent for a few seconds, hesitating to speak. A small sound left her throat, one that showed that she was about to speak, but couldn't.

"Just spit it out already," he mumbled, making her quickly shut her mouth. She gave a small nod, swallowing thickly before releasing a quivering breath.

"I get you may have an opinion about those kids, but it's young love. They're still growing and maturing. Even if they breakup, just let them live life to the fullest."

Irene met Levi's gaze. A lot of emotion was visible in her eyes. She spoke as if she knew what it was like, enough for Levi to feel her emotions. They were raw and heavy, as if she was putting her entire soul into those words. It was strange at the same time.

He heaved an exasperated sigh. Levi didn't necessarily know what to respond with. All his comments were too disrespectful, and he didn't feel like making her cry again and adding a bigger possibility of getting fired. So, he simply just returned his attention to his food and continued to eat without responding.

The tension between the two wasn't as heavy as before. It still lingered in the atmosphere, but it was still tolerable—at least for him.

"Do you want medication or heating pads?" Levi shifted his gaze towards Irene, whose eyes were on her cup she drank from.