N I N E

09L A S T  P I T C H

09
L A S T  P I T C H

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

   LEVI EYED THE CONTRACT IN HIS HANDS. His eyes narrowed as he continued to read all the information he needed for community services. It was different from all the others he'd taken before. In the past, it was for the same job he did once a month. Every time it was either working at a shelter or simply helping feed the homeless. The contract he held said it was for three months, every week with a new job; working at the pound, feeding the homeless, picking up trash, etc...

"Levi," Erwin breathed out, folding his hands and placing them on the table. "They said they wouldn't sue if it was something new every week. They wanted more than three months, but I was able to calm them down. This is the best I can truly do for you."

His calm, deep voice only made Levi eyes grow hard and look up at him. By how narrowed his eyes were, anyone could have taken it as a glare. Only Erwin didn't, as he was already used to seeing that cold, intense gaze. So use to it, he didn't flinch nor tense, or show any reaction as the rest did.

"The best" Levi mocked, scoffing and rolling his eyes. He opened up the pen cap eyes falling to the bottom of the paper. Even Levi knew it was the best Erwin could do. He had already done his best as soon as he said he would talk to the people and try to calm them down.

Not to mention his own actions, actions he only wanted to fix. In the end, he, himself, knew that this was for the best. As much as he didn't want to accept it, he needed to.

He saw Erwin nod his head as he signed his name, not bothering to read the terms and conditions. It was the same thing he read every time. It was nothing new. Levi made sure of it after the first two times.

"Hanji said you recently got a job," Erwin began, earning an eye roll from the raven-haired man. "It's a good one, too. You get paid very well, better than all your past—"

"Your point?" he interrupted, tossing the pen and paper on his desk, only keeping the schedule for the community services. Levi folded his arms, arching a brow, wanting to skip the small talk and get straight to the point.

Erwin heaved a sigh as he organized the small mess Levi made on his desk. "Don't try to lose this one. You're lucky Hanji even knew her, and that Miss. Cider is letting you work for her, even brushing aside your tainted record."

Levi needed a brief mental moment to figure out who Miss. Cider was. He had forgotten his boss' last name, despite it being on her business card. Once he recalled Irene, he remembered about their meeting from earlier. Just recalling it stressed him out. Now, he'd been reminded of his record and it made matters worse.

He didn't show a reaction towards anything the blond had said. Even if Erwin Smith was the head of the police force, it didn't mean Levi cared about the warnings he gave him. Sometimes it irritated him how Hanji knew him and the two were close. It meant she'd question how Levi was behaving and provide Erwin information. It's one of the reasons why he almost never told her anything about himself.