Goodbye

A week came and went, Luke and I had stayed true to our word and made no contact at all. On my part, it was so difficult. The week was extremely tough not just because we had suddenly stopped talking but also because my name was getting dragged through the dirt. The looks, the whispers, and the stares was tough to ignore but I made it through a week. Well I just had to get through the rest of Friday and then I can hide in my bedroom again.

"I just want to slap their stupid faces", Emerson sighed from beside me and I laughed.

"Em, they don't annoy me. Don't worry", I chuckled but her frown didn't leave her face.

"Girls wait up", Amber panted from behind us and I rolled my eyes but the smile stayed on my face. Thank god my close friends didn't leave me.

"You okay?" I giggled and she shook her head.

"I need to start exercising", she gasped and placed her hand over her rapidly beating heart. "Oh shit here comes Mr. Annoying". Sure enough there was Tayler waltzing down the corridor. He secretly slipped a note into my hand as he passed and I slipped it into my pocket. It wasn't safe opening it here with the vultures lined along the corridor. I hadn't spoken to Tayler since he told me what we had done that night, just before I went to Kieras and sealed my faith.

There's the whore", I heard someone whisper as I passed them by. I almost reacted only for my math teacher calling my name. People turned to me, their eyebrows raised and the whispers started.

"She's probably fucking him too", one whisper yelled.

"She has a thing for married men, watch out Mr. Williams", someone giggled and I glared at her.

He motioned for me to follow him and we entered his classroom.

"I just brought you in here as you have missed tutor in math", he stated and I shrugged.

"I honestly have a lot more on my plate to worry about other then math", I said simply and he raised his eyebrows at me. Gosh, he was good looking. "I'm sure even the teachers know what I mean".

"There has been a bit of talk in the staffroom, something about a video", he mentioned, a confused expression on his perfect face. I shuddered at the thought of the older creepy teachers looking at that video of me making out with a man.

"So you know what's going on".

"To be honest I don't really listen to what the teachers gossip about but when it sounds quite serious I like to check up on my students", he shrugged and I nodded understandingly. If this was any other teacher I'd be pissed at them for talking about my personal life but I could look at this mans face all day.

"It's just a stupid video going around that no one knows what really happened only me", I explained and he nodded his head for me to continue. "It has been blown out of proportion but I'm a big girl and I can take care of myself".

"Hayley are you sure you are okay?" he asked.

"Just peachy", I smirked. "But can you please ignore the comments the other students make".

"Of course Hayley, I understand what kids can be like", he smiled sadly. "If you ever need to talk I am here and the school has a great councellor, if you ever need to get anything off your chest. Don't struggle while you're trying to be brave". He gave my shoulder a small reassuring squeeze as he left the classroom. My smile had faltered for a moment but I fixed it quickly before I left the room.

"Don't wreck his marriage", someone shouted at me and I widened my eyes as Conor punched the guy across the face.

"Shut up", he hissed and I rolled my eyes but joined my friend.