Get out of here

"Well don't you look adorable", my boyfriend chuckled when I made my way outside, at eight oClock that night. I smiled at him and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"Well that was the longest four hours of my life she wouldn't let me leave until the essay was perfect. Anyway who cares about me, how was your day?"

"It was very emotional. I missed you a lot. We both had pretty awesome days today, huh?" He said sarcastically and I buried my face in his chest.

"This has been the shittest couple of days ever", I grumbled and lay my head against the seat.

"The worst", he agreed. I sighed sadly and turned on the radio.

"I missed you this morning", I said. "I wasn't expecting you to be gone so early".

"I had some things to take care of". I lay against the seat, my mind kept flashing to Conor's busted nose and bruised face, my eyes landed on Luke's Knuckles which were beginning to bruise and my mind clicked.

"You'd never guess what happened today?" I began and he shrugged as we left the school behind us. "Well the whole school was in shock because Conor came in today and his face was covered in bruises and his nose was broken". I watched him carefully and couldn't help but notice the little twitch in his face when I mentioned Conor.

"Oh", he grumbled and I groaned. I didn't want to start an argument with him, especially since things have been going pretty shit for him at the moment. "I don't really care just so you know".

"Did you do it?" I whispered my eyes staring straight ahead, no longer frozen on his face. I couldn't look at him right now.

"No of course not", he lied. I gritted my teeth together and tried to get rid of the image of Conor's face from my mind. I lay against the headrest and drummed my fingers against my knee. 

"Luke", I warned. "Did you hit him?"

"Hayley will you just drop it okay or I'll drop you back to school", he scolded. Yeah right Luke, like you'd leave me on own.

"Sorry mom", I groaned and he chuckled quietly. "Seriously though you must think I'm an idiot if you think i believe you". He rolled his eyes and turned up the radio. "Luke", I hissed and turned it off.

"Fine", he snapped and gripped the steering wheel until his knuckles turned white. "I fucking did that to him. And don't you dare say a word, first of all he brought you to a dance, was way to touchy feely and was selling drugs to you. I don't give a shit if you think he's a 'nice guy'. I hate him and your opinion will never change mine". He stared darkly out the front window, his eyebrows furrowed. Though there was no way he could hide the little bit of guilt he felt off his face. My mind flashed back to what Conor informed me of the night of the ball.

"Can I ask you something?" I said tentatively, he looked at me in shock. Probably because I didn't have an outburst. That could wait. "Have you ever beat anyone else up?" I asked and he shrugged.

"Possibly", he said slowly, confusion written all over his face.

"Luke", I said quickly and he glanced at me before putting his eyes back on the road. "Have you ever beat up anyone beside from Conor because of me?" I asked and he shrugged. "Please tell me you aren't a jealous freak who beats up guys for looking at their girlfriend a second too long".

"Okay I'm not that bad Jeez, just some guys have to be put back into their place. If I didn't hit someone every now and again, those guys would think that they could have you whenever they want", he shrugged and I bit my tongue at his words.

"I think that you forget that I'm in this situation too. I get you don't trust them but whey don't you trust me. You should know by now that no matter how much someone flirts with me, I won't even give them a second glance. I love you and you're all I want", I scolded as we pulled up outside a shop.

"Okay I'm sorry but it's very hard to trust someone who could flirt with a stone wall", he explained and I pouted but knew he was telling the truth.

"It's just a bit of harmless flirting", I tried to justify but he raised his eyebrows at me.

"Fine we will go out tonight and I'll do a bit of harmless flirting. I need to clear my head anyway, it's been a rough day", he suggested.

"Fine", I pouted. "Can we get a coffee?" I asked and he nodded. "By the way I'm still annoyed at you for hurting Conor, I'd understand if he was a creep but he's actually a nice guy".

"Whatever Mrs Nice", he teased and we both headed into the shop to buy a coffee. I wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my head on his shoulder as he made coffee for the two of us.

"Can we go away together soon?" I asked as he put the lids on the paper cups.

"Yes baby, we can", he sighed and I let go of him.

I followed him like a rejected puppy to the till where he paid for our coffees.

"Why do you look so sad?" He questioned as we headed back to his car.

"You didn't sound like you wanted to go away with me", I pouted and he raised his eyebrows at me.

"Well I apologize for my reaction", he chuckled and took a step backward. "OH MY GOD I'D LOVE TO GO AWAY WIT YOU", he said loudly his voice echoing through the air. I placed my hands over my mortified face and walked quickly to the car.

"Luke, that was a bit of an overreaction", I giggled when we were both in the car.

"You look like a tomato", he grinned. I sat back in the chair and we drank our coffee. "But I am serious I would love to go with you. Oh how about a cabin in the mountains or something?" He asked.

"Or somewhere hot and we can get drunk every night", I suggested and he playfully shoved my shoulder.

"No that's were drunk single people go when their trying to get laid", he said and I made a face. "I think we should do something romantic".