FAMILY IN DANGER

~There are so many beautiful reasons
to be happy.
-Unknown Author

I've never felt so afraid in my life, not for my life but for my family. Sarah was out there likely making plans to kill me and my family. I'm sure that the recovery of Vincent is known to her by now. She had eyes everywhere. The security around the house was twice as much so that no one could get in or out of the house. I hated the thought of having so much around the house and being watched twenty-four-seven It makes me all but uncomfortable. The twins haven't questioned any of it, but I'm very aware that they know about what's occurring.

Vince, on the other hand, was quieter, and that gave me the thought he already knew what was going on. Venice has been watching keenly. Being the oldest, she has been worried about Vince's silence. He wouldn't be quiet about our situation, so he must have told her. Lately, she's been more bubbly than usual, which is all an act. I've seen it all before when Vincent was lying in a coma.

The lie that I had to tell them wasn't my intention. Dragging them into Vincent's and I mess would probably shake them up. A lie was my way out of all of it, no longer having them go through such events again.

"No, don't turn it on! It's pointless at this moment," I shouted at Vincent, who had already grown to become on the television. With a confused look, he raised his eyebrows, taking a seat beside me on the couch. "I know it's been hard these last few days, but today I promise it's not so bad." I sighed and glanced at the television where I saw Sarah and the others being arrested.

"But how?" I asked confusion eating me up. He chuckled, turning off the television and pulling me close. "You see, Laura, there are a lot of things I haven't told you, and I mean a lot. You see, when I was in Italy, I knew Sarah would've done something like this. She's a cruel woman, but not as smart as me."

"It's true that I paid for you, something that I hate to say. I mustn't put a tag on you because you are priceless. You can't be bought. You already belong to me. This was your mother's death was for me to protect. However, I was so dull that I entrusted two unworthy men and women with your safety. " I belonged to him for such a long time. All those times he said I was his wasn't a lie. But I was still my own person. Even if I do like this ownership, I'm nobody's toy.

"I've failed as a guardian, but I was so young. How could I protect you? A complete gang of murderers was after you simply after the inheritance that your parents left." Vincent spoke with sincerity, his eyes not leaving the television. I could tell he was used to being all broken inside.

"That's why they put up with me for so long. They could've killed me. However, they did it for the money. " He hums, all those years were just to get their hands on the money. He continued speaking. "When I was young, there was this girl that made fun of me. She pulled my hair. She'd fight me. That's what I loved about her. She'd by no means misplaced against someone. She was a fighter, and that's how I fell in love with her."

"Are you talking about that-" He placed a finger on my lips, cutting me off. I rolled my eyes, boxing away his finger. He smiled at me and pushed the free strand of hair behind my ear. "Let me speak love," I let him proceed to tell me about this little woman that he's gravely in love with.

"You know, as far as I can remember, she couldn't pronounce my name, so it was always Vince or Venice. She was a child, so it doesn't without a doubt matter." So that explains the tattoos on his chest.

"That explains the tattoos on my side because I couldn't let go of the memories that we shared when we were kids. I lied when I said I loved that loopy girl. I always and will forever only love her. She's my being." I got off the couch and stood in front of him with my arms folded.