STALKER AT THE WINDOW

~There's always a wild side
to an innocent face.
-Unknown Author

He was there for what seemed to be over an hour. He'd look up every two minutes from his phone looking at the window, though he couldn't see me. I hid behind the curtains and watched him cautiously praying to God that he'd just go and leave me the hell alone.

But he refused to let this all go. I expected no less of him. He's an ungrateful bastard that only cares about himself. A sigh escaped my lips while I looked out the window for the hundredth and one time. He leaned up on his range rover, glancing up at the window where I stood. He folded his enormous arms over his ribbed chest, looking down at his watch, and I almost scoff at how conceited he was.

I zoned out Tina, who was cussing me out to just go, but I was speechless and rooted at the window, watching him just wishing my hands would just break that neck of his. When I told her about how much he looked at her, she didn't care but wanted to kick her ass. When I mentioned that he said I wasn't worth more than two million, she flipped and I mean literally flipped.

"Laura, if you don't go, then I'll go. I would be most likely happy to have him." I rolled my eyes, moving away from the window. "We all know that, but how am I supposed to live with that thing out there?" she giggled, throwing a cushion at me which I quickly dodged, bouncing off the wall and falling on the floor.

"That thing out there is a walking god, but you have no other option. That's if you want me to be jobless and homeless, Little Laura," she joked. I rolled my eyes, sitting down beside her on the couch. I had no other option. I wanted Tina to be happy, so it was nothing that would take much thinking about.

She sensed my sudden change in behavior and pulled me in for a hug, letting my head rest on her chest. "Don't worry if anything happens, call me. I'll beat him, even skin him alive." My eyes formed tears and I smiled through them. What would I've done without her? She was so supportive. She cupped my cheeks, looking deep into my eyes.

"I don't think he'll do that Laura," she said, reassuringly wiping a stray tear that trickled down my cheek. "I don't know Tina, I can't-" she cut me off midsentence by raising her hand, "Look, everything will be fine and if he wanted to do anything, he could've done it the night before".

She was surprisingly right. If he wanted to do anything, he could've even when I went to his office and the two times I blacked out. I have never been near a man other than my boss, Mr. Levis, who I'm glad wasn't perverted. But due to how I grew myself over the years, I didn't let myself be in any sort of relationship with a man, and that's how I kept it ever since I ran away.

I let out a deep sigh, nodding at her pulling apart from the hug. "Did you return that jacket?" As if remembering she had an important job, she jumped up and ran in all directions before coming back to me.

"Apparently I did not," she laughed, sitting back down like a mad person. "I think you should go see that hunk. He has been waiting down there for over an hour now." I gave her one last hug, grabbing my fully packed suitcase.

"Don't forget to invite me, Little Laura," she yelled while I closed the door. "I'm going to miss you too, Tina," I sniffled, making my way to the lift.

"Get in the car!" was all he greeted me with when I came abruptly in front of him, his eyes never leaving his phone.

"No!" He looked at me annoyed, turning his phone off and putting it away, putting both hands in his pants pocket as if trying to look intimidating. What a jerk.

"What do you mean no? I said "get in the car Laura" His eyes burned with anguish and anger, but I didn't let that affect me. He was going to have hell starting from now. "That's what I said Vincent no." He grinded his teeth. That resulted in a clenched jaw and a hard chin, so I've hit a nerve cliche.

I knew when I called him by his name, that would push his button and it worked. I was annoying to him, so that would cause him to just leave.

"Stop being a child Laura and get in the car." I stuck my tongue at him, dropping my suitcase on the floor and sitting on it. He took a warning step, but I didn't even think to move.

"Listen to Mr. Johnson, as far as you know, I don't want to live with you and so do you. My best advice to you from me is to just leave and we'll have a better life okay."

"You leave me no choice. Laura, I've been through this. "I rolled my eyes, crossing my legs at him looking intimidating, glancing at my painted nails that were light blue.

"We haven't gone through anything, Mr. Johnson. As far as I know, what we have gone through is you being a psychopath and breaking into my apartment and it's very clear that you are indeed one. You could've knocked on the front door"

"I didn't break into your apartment, I did what any normal person would do and walked through the front door," but how was it possible for him to enter my apartment without a key? I'm positively sure that I locked the front door before falling asleep.

Unless.....

I looked at him as if he'd lost his mind when he smirked at me, like he was reading my mind to know exactly what I was thinking.

"But it's impossible how did you-"

"Nothing's impossible for Vincent Johnson and I always get what I want." He dipped down into his pocket, taking out a key that looked exactly like mine. I should've known all along that asshole gave him a spare key to the apartment.

"Now stop being stubborn and get up." His words were forced through clenched teeth and I could tell he wanted to get away from this part of town because, as I know, he despises places like this and I could tell by the way he looked around the environment every now and then.

"I'm being stubborn, clearly you don't see me doing anything" I said something angelic, but he looked at me in utter disgust. I was trying to be convincing, but by the look on his face, it looked more like he was getting angrier by the minute.

"I am not leaving you in this pitiful place. You belong to me and nothing will change my mind about getting what is mine." I swallowed and looked at how his chest rose and felt with each word he said. He looked like a beast ready to eat. I shook my head and denied going out like this. "I'm not coming. What do you not understand? I had a normal life and then you came and ruined it for me. You had many girls to choose from. Why didnt you choose them? I am not coming and that is my final decision." I sat silently waiting for his response when he sighs and starts clenching and unclenching his fist. Oh no, this can't be good. Was he going to hit me? He looked like he would murder somebody right now. 

"I've had enough of this child's play and you leave me with no choice. I'm done with this act of yours." I found myself being swooped off of my suitcase and into his arms. My heartbeat started to race by the close contact of a man and my mind was looking for possibly way out.

I wiggled and scratched free from his hold, but he didn't bulge. I tried harder when I felt his grip loosen from around my body. My body collided with the concrete floor. An electrifying pain coursed through me, contouring my body and aching my body as if I was in a surreal hell.

"Laura!, don't even touch her" I whimpered from the pain. A flood of tears gushed down my cheeks and I felt my hands wiping my face every few seconds.

"What did you do to her?" The atmosphere was becoming more and more tight and I could barely see through my teary eyes. My chest heaved rapidly with heavy panting and I found it very difficult to breathe. The oxygen suffocated my lungs. All I could think was when was this going to end. My eyelids became heavier, the voices around me became quiet.

"Don't ever touch her again." I felt my eyes close slowly and I gave myself away to the darkness.