Chapter 28: Kendall (Part Two)

Start from the beginning

I grabbed the key on top of the tallest shelf of books in the living room and walked out of my house, looking at the front steps. Yup. Another present, a black box with a note. Behind it was a waiting car with its ignition on. Behind it was a van. Camera crew.

*Your award for coming up with the breast cancer awareness month 'A.G. socks'.*

I smile, shaking my head. Like I need an award for being creative and thinking about breast cancer. I will tell him that when he calls me. I go back in inside leaving the box on the nearest table. I walk back out, locking and closing the door behind me.

Kendall was waiting in her Mercedes Benz. I walked around the car looking at the passenger seat. There's a dark skin man in the front seat. His hair is dark blonde and he has his septum pierced. Interesting friend, Kendall.

I look away when he looks up from his phone. My hand reaches the back door and I get in. There's a beautiful slim woman beside me with long blond braids. Her blue eyes meet mine, she has a fierce look in her eyes with the makeup and the normal nose ring. She smiles her perfect lined teeth.

I smile back before looking at Kendall. She has her arm extended towards me with a cup of coffee in her hand. I take it smiling at her, too. I set the gym bag on the floor.

"Here's your hot chocolate, Eli." She says softly over the low volumed music.

"Thank you." I say.

"Hot chocolate in the morning? Nu-uh. I couldn't. I'd fall asleep." The guy in the front seat said. He has to be my age.

"Sham, hot chocolate in the morning is the best thing ever." The beautiful woman beside me said. I looked at her glowing brown eyes that contrasted from the black eyeliner.

She literally has to be the most beautiful person I have ever seen outside of the Kardashian family. Or any famous family.

"Eli. This guy right here," Kendall drapes her arm around the guys neck. "is Sham." She finishes.

"Nice to meet you." I say.

"Nice to meet you, as well." He says.

"And the weirdo behind me is Telana." Kendal points her thumb to the woman next to me.

"Forget you, Kendall!" Telana hits Kendal's shoulder then begins to giggle.

"Nice to meet you, Eli." Telana holds her hand out to me and I shake it.

"Nice to meet you, too." I smile.

"So what's your full name?" Sham asks.

"Eliany Sophia Gonzalez." I say my middle name quietly. It's not that I hate it, it's that... I don't like my middle name. I don't mention it to anyone. Not even Robert. He doesn't even know my middle name. I think. It's just too common for Eliany.

"Can I call you Sophia?" Telana asks.

"No, please don't." I tried to sound polite but I was serious. No way can you call me by my middle name. Are you crazy?

"Please?! It's a beautiful name." She pleads.

"I like Eli better." Kendall cuts in.

I look at Kendall. We're already almost out of the front gate of Calabasas.

"I like Eliany." Sham says.

"Well, I like Eli and Eliany not Sophia." I say.

"Can I call you something that no one calls you?" Telana has a soft pleeding gleam in her eyes. Like Puss in Boots from Shrek. And here I am, Shrek, about to give in.